armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 04-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Private

Send a message via MSN to hiwasseejen
Unhappy Hard time with deployment

I know right now many of you out there have someone in you life that is serving on a deployment. My hat is off to you. My husband deployed Monday April 9th to Kuwait and then on to Iraq for what is supposed to be a 15 month deployment. I read all the information before hand and thought I was ready. We got out of the apartment and phone contracts. I got things done where I could make the decisions and sign papers, but I had no idea how hard this was emotionally. I thought I was a pretty strong person, but now I find myself crying in the middle of wal-mart or just driving down the highway. I feel silly because I know how many others are going through the same thing. Anyway I hope you all find your ways of coping and I continue on my day to day journy because it has only began.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Private First Class

Default me 2... were on the same boat

i know exactly how u feel.... my boyfriend shane left exactly one month before your husband and i was very strong surprisingly... he was weaker then me and now we have changed roles... im becoming weak and hes getting used to it out there and gaining strengh so to survive and do his job so he can come home. Yes the extension of 15 months i hate it because their giving him RnR already in may and its only going to be a couple months.... i really need to see him and be with him asap but i dont know whats going to happen the year hes gone the whole time without RnRs and breaks.... best advice is keep busy and when i would wake up and start my day off depressed i just would tell myself "come on jessica dont do this" each day u wake up is one sooner to being with him again
hang in there... and if u ever ever need anything please message me or email me @ [email]msshmalrdy@hotmail.com[/email]

PS shane calls 1-2 times a week and normally same time and say days so hopefully that will happen to u because the week goes alot quicker knowing hes going to call