armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Recruit

Default Enlistment Ordeal

Ok, heres my ordeal, I'm curious if this situation would require a waiver.

I myself, am not a drug user at all currently. I've smoked marijuana twice, both times between my 7th-8th grade years of middle school.

At one of my old jobs I was fired for something that happened while I was on the clock. My supervisor asked me about something that she saw on the security tape that raised some concerns. I told her exactly what had happened, that I had purchased marijuana while on the clock. My Supervisor knew that I was not a drug user at all, I've never failed a drug test, and have never been in trouble with the law. It was for a family member, And probably the biggest mistake I've ever made.

Despite the situation, I still feel that I left the job on somewhat good terms, Sincerely Apologizing for my actions. I'm sure that if needed I could still get a good recomendation from my employer.

Like I stated earlier I have a completely clean record besides that ordeal.

I'm mainly curious if this could prevent me from joining the army.

Thanks in advance your all your help.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Private First Class

If you were not charged with anything you should be fine

Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Sergeant

If the police werent involved you should be fine to enlist, they dont check with past employeers for basic enlistment, however i know they do for security clearance, thou not sure which level of clearance they start checking, so i wouldnt push my luck and try for anything requiring security clearance.