armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Troops
User Name
Password

Old 07-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasan_the_mad View Post
My point is this: I know the 'historical and traditional' uses of the Swastika.
What you must accept is what it has grown to represent; much like some of us in the south US must realize that the 'rebel' flag now represents (to most people) regressive, rascist thinking...
Calm yourself troll...
and my point is that in the sub continent your perception of the swastika is invalid. As for the confederate flag representing rascist thinking, this is again a false perception. I guess you also think the Union jack represents slavery.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by js mac View Post
and my point is that in the sub continent your perception of the swastika is invalid. As for the confederate flag representing rascist thinking, this is again a false perception. I guess you also think the Union jack represents slavery.
I've always found flags to be a disappointment. They very rarely live upto there expectation. Narrow minded people wave flags and even narrower ones follow them.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

Quote:
...and I retract the STASI quote. My mom used them to scare me when we lived in W. Germany back in the day.
"If you don't eat those damn Brussel-sprouts, the STASI will attach a car battery to your scrotum and then turn you over to the Russians!"
man, ive never met her but i love your mom!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

Quote:

you have to be a dumbass not to think the rebel flag represents rascist thinking. yes, some due fly the flag for the south, but most redneck morons due so just to be a white bastard cracker ***, and yes i said cracker ***.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Okay.
It is not only MY perception that (some see) the Stars & Bars as being a racist symbol (I don't neccesarily agree). The NAACP conducted a boycott of South Carolina based on this premise...I have no particular feeling on the Union Jack. It isn't my symbol, but I respect it as a symbol of my allies and of some brave soldiers who fought alongside me in Iraq.
Again, I never said I thought the Rebel Flag represented racist thinking/ideaology, so how would that lead you to think I would hold such views on the Union Jack?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:01 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post
you have to be a dumbass not to think the rebel flag represents rascist thinking. yes, some due fly the flag for the south, but most redneck morons due so just to be a white bastard cracker ***, and yes i said cracker ***.
Your right, he is a dumbass!!......

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 07-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Your right, he is a dumbass!!......
You're pathetic

Old 07-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Okay.
It is not only MY perception that (some see) the Stars & Bars as being a racist symbol (I don't neccesarily agree). The NAACP conducted a boycott of South Carolina based on this premise...I have no particular feeling on the Union Jack. It isn't my symbol, but I respect it as a symbol of my allies and of some brave soldiers who fought alongside me in Iraq.
Again, I never said I thought the Rebel Flag represented racist thinking/ideaology, so how would that lead you to think I would hold such views on the Union Jack?
A flag can be miss used, thats not the fault of the flag. The far right use the Union Jack in the UK. Does that make it a racist flag, Of course it doesn't!
Just because the Southern economy relied on Cotton during the Civil war every black and PC fruit cake labels it a racist flag. Absolute rubbish. The Union were just as racist as the confederacy, only their economy relied on engineering etc where slavery was not needed. It didn't stop prominant people from having slaves though did it .. Even Lincoln had slaves

Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Are you going to actually contribute an intelligent thought or opinion. Or are you going to continue with this learning difficiency syndrome that you display at each and every opportunity

Old 07-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
man, ive never met her but i love your mom!
Oh wow that was hilarious Just try and get out of the house for a change and get a life. You definately have all the characteristics of a institutionalised gerbil.......