armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #91  
Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 PM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729
Default

I don't know. The military treated me fine for 27 years. The contracts that I got were clear & concise & when I had a question it was answered clearly & honestly.

I'm sorry your husband had such a bad experience.
__________________
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote

  #92  
Old 02-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup View Post
to the person who posted about someone going awol. so what. if i knew my husband wouldnt get in ridiculous trouble i would suggest the same. the army is full of lies. they tell you what you want to hear and nothing more. they is no good way to get out of military if your unhappy. you can read your contract all day long and tech. you signed it stating that you have read and agree to everything and if you didnt understand that you should ask your recruiter. why? they just lie. who can you go to after you sign the contract. no one. they simply dont care. you have to go thru chain of command and that is not exactly easy when the people above you dont care to listen either. im glad this person went awol. good for him. i hope he never gets found. maybe then he will be happy.
as for the person who responded with comment saying iraq or war is why he went awol. i highly doubt it. at least 6-7 men in my husbands unit think of it everyday. its not the war. its the stupid crap they deal with, the unfairness that goes on, the *** kissers get away with murder, but if you stand your ground and dont let idiots who think just cause they have higher rank get to you then your not a good soldier. bull****. my husband is a great soldier and the unit he is in is an absolute joke. if the military would do more for the ones who actually do a good job instead of knocking them down, our military would be alot better and moral would be alot higher. my husband went to iraq already and its not the war. that was a piece of cake, its the stupid people that make people hate their jobs and want out.
Fedup, I red your post with interest and not some traits that I have recognised in the Army I served in. Yes, those above us can be stupid, undeserving and completley inept in their roles.... This is a byproduct of a large organisation like the military (bear in mind the military I served in in minature to the US Army), and has being the case since man developed its pack mentality...

I can identify with some of the idiocacy you describe, and being an Exo from the Army, can look back like so many and chuckle at some of the dumb stuff ive seen... However... I can also identify with the other type of idiot that curses such fine fighting formations that grace the freeworld... you know, the guy that comes in with a chip on his shoulder, and thinks he knows more then everyone else, the guy that draws a line on learning, and decides he is above the idiocycricities of military life and judges, rather then learns from what goes on around him... yes mam, that sounds like your husband, and all I can say is that Im glad he did not join my Army when I was in, cos we had enough whining little children to deal with who thought life should be better to them...

Well heres what I concluded when I was subjected to the noise of those whiney little children, "life is what you make of it... if you dont like it... keep your trap shut, and leave at the first available opportunity, so the rest of us can breathe!!!"...

Respectfully
Exo..
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #93  
Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Gunbunny13's Avatar
Gunbunny13 Gunbunny13 is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 269
Default

I'm sorry I missed this. Anyway, I'm from and currently sitting within 5 Miles of of Union TWP Clermont County Ohio. I actually know a Daniel Hunt (I doubt its the same guy) from that area. So to the OP did they ever pick this guy up? For anyone else, No I will not be hunting any AWOL's down. Personally, I don't care. That guy is a cancer that is no longer in an unit. I don't think local police dept's need to spend their time and resources on goof balls like this. Let this clown go through the rest of his life looking over his shoulder wondering if the next knock on the door is the "one". The next time he gets pulled over, there will be a warrant on him, they'll lock him up and the Army will come get him. Don't worry, Union Twp police will lock him up, they get 10% of what ever bond is on him.
As for everyone's comments on the the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, isn't wonderful that you can have your opinion?
a simple thank you will suffice.
__________________
"Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . ."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Reply With Quote

  #94  
Old 03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
MikesMom MikesMom is offline
Private
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbunny13 View Post
As for everyone's comments on the the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, isn't wonderful that you can have your opinion?
a simple thank you will suffice.
AMEN!!! And we have God & our soldiers to thank for that!
Reply With Quote

  #95  
Old 03-06-2009, 10:20 AM
reconmedik's Avatar
reconmedik reconmedik is offline
Sergeant First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 187
Default Whatever!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup View Post
to the person who posted about someone going awol. so what. if i knew my husband wouldnt get in ridiculous trouble i would suggest the same. the army is full of lies. they tell you what you want to hear and nothing more. they is no good way to get out of military if your unhappy. you can read your contract all day long and tech. you signed it stating that you have read and agree to everything and if you didnt understand that you should ask your recruiter. why? they just lie. who can you go to after you sign the contract. no one. they simply dont care. you have to go thru chain of command and that is not exactly easy when the people above you dont care to listen either. im glad this person went awol. good for him. i hope he never gets found. maybe then he will be happy.
as for the person who responded with comment saying iraq or war is why he went awol. i highly doubt it. at least 6-7 men in my husbands unit think of it everyday. its not the war. its the stupid crap they deal with, the unfairness that goes on, the *** kissers get away with murder, but if you stand your ground and dont let idiots who think just cause they have higher rank get to you then your not a good soldier. bull****. my husband is a great soldier and the unit he is in is an absolute joke. if the military would do more for the ones who actually do a good job instead of knocking them down, our military would be alot better and moral would be alot higher. my husband went to iraq already and its not the war. that was a piece of cake, its the stupid people that make people hate their jobs and want out.
Is your husband so stupid he cant explain a simple contract?? Maybe he should have taken it to the local elementary school and had someone explain it to him. I spent 24 years in the Army and signed several contracts along the way. They are not that difficult to decipher. If he is not getting what his contract stated then he is more than welcome to apply for breach of contract and be released from his obligation. I doubt he will do it though because I know exactly what kind of Soldier he is. He is too smart for the Army!! He attempts to make logic out of the orders he is given!! He is also the type of Soldier who joined only for the college money and benefits. He wont file for a breach of contract because he is the type of Soldier who BIT**ES and complains but he is the first one in the pay line and the chow line. Quite honestly I hope he goes AWOL too. I dont want him in my beloved Army and I am willing to bet his superiors dont either. Shame on you for believing the drivel he tells you. Why dont you find out for yourself exactly what the problem is? I noticed you complained about "lies" but you didnt give a single example. If he has a legitimate complaint he can go to the IG and file his complaint and his superiors cant do a thing about it!!!Dont tell me that he has no legitimate way to get out!!! And by the way..."standing your ground" is insubordination and punishable by jail time. Feel lucky his ARSE isnt in jail right now!!!!
Reply With Quote

  #96  
Old 03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729
Default

Well said, Doc.
__________________
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote

  #97  
Old 03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbunny13 View Post
a simple thank you will suffice.
Thank you Gunbunny! And all who have served in peace & in war.
__________________
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote

  #98  
Old 03-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
Is your husband so stupid he cant explain a simple contract?? Maybe he should have taken it to the local elementary school and had someone explain it to him. I spent 24 years in the Army and signed several contracts along the way. They are not that difficult to decipher. If he is not getting what his contract stated then he is more than welcome to apply for breach of contract and be released from his obligation. I doubt he will do it though because I know exactly what kind of Soldier he is. He is too smart for the Army!! He attempts to make logic out of the orders he is given!! He is also the type of Soldier who joined only for the college money and benefits. He wont file for a breach of contract because he is the type of Soldier who BIT**ES and complains but he is the first one in the pay line and the chow line. Quite honestly I hope he goes AWOL too. I dont want him in my beloved Army and I am willing to bet his superiors dont either. Shame on you for believing the drivel he tells you. Why dont you find out for yourself exactly what the problem is? I noticed you complained about "lies" but you didnt give a single example. If he has a legitimate complaint he can go to the IG and file his complaint and his superiors cant do a thing about it!!!Dont tell me that he has no legitimate way to get out!!! And by the way..."standing your ground" is insubordination and punishable by jail time. Feel lucky his ARSE isnt in jail right now!!!!
Well said!!...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #99  
Old 03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Gunbunny13's Avatar
Gunbunny13 Gunbunny13 is offline
First Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 269
Default

Not that it really matters but, I was catching up with the local county papers and, this guy was caught and handed over to the military.
A local police dept got 'em. I know the police chief of office that got him. He and I first met while assigned to 1Bn 10th Cav back in the day. If I know him, he was salivating over catching a deserter.
__________________
"Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . ."
Napoleon Bonaparte
Reply With Quote

  #100  
Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
MSG Glenn's Avatar
MSG Glenn MSG Glenn is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbunny13 View Post
Not that it really matters but, I was catching up with the local county papers and, this guy was caught and handed over to the military.
A local police dept got 'em. I know the police chief of office that got him. He and I first met while assigned to 1Bn 10th Cav back in the day. If I know him, he was salivating over catching a deserter.
Tell the Chief "well done!"
__________________
Proud Dad of a USArmy Ranger SFC - 3/75 Rangers
USNavy 1960-1966 Submarine Service, Navy Diver-UDT 21
USArmy 1980-2001 Airborne Infantry,G3, Army Instructor, Commo Instructor Company 1SG
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awol, court marshal, fugitive

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:25 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.