armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Brigadier General

I don't know. The military treated me fine for 27 years. The contracts that I got were clear & concise & when I had a question it was answered clearly & honestly.

I'm sorry your husband had such a bad experience.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:19 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup View Post
to the person who posted about someone going awol. so what. if i knew my husband wouldnt get in ridiculous trouble i would suggest the same. the army is full of lies. they tell you what you want to hear and nothing more. they is no good way to get out of military if your unhappy. you can read your contract all day long and tech. you signed it stating that you have read and agree to everything and if you didnt understand that you should ask your recruiter. why? they just lie. who can you go to after you sign the contract. no one. they simply dont care. you have to go thru chain of command and that is not exactly easy when the people above you dont care to listen either. im glad this person went awol. good for him. i hope he never gets found. maybe then he will be happy.
as for the person who responded with comment saying iraq or war is why he went awol. i highly doubt it. at least 6-7 men in my husbands unit think of it everyday. its not the war. its the stupid crap they deal with, the unfairness that goes on, the *** kissers get away with murder, but if you stand your ground and dont let idiots who think just cause they have higher rank get to you then your not a good soldier. bull****. my husband is a great soldier and the unit he is in is an absolute joke. if the military would do more for the ones who actually do a good job instead of knocking them down, our military would be alot better and moral would be alot higher. my husband went to iraq already and its not the war. that was a piece of cake, its the stupid people that make people hate their jobs and want out.
Fedup, I red your post with interest and not some traits that I have recognised in the Army I served in. Yes, those above us can be stupid, undeserving and completley inept in their roles.... This is a byproduct of a large organisation like the military (bear in mind the military I served in in minature to the US Army), and has being the case since man developed its pack mentality...

I can identify with some of the idiocacy you describe, and being an Exo from the Army, can look back like so many and chuckle at some of the dumb stuff ive seen... However... I can also identify with the other type of idiot that curses such fine fighting formations that grace the freeworld... you know, the guy that comes in with a chip on his shoulder, and thinks he knows more then everyone else, the guy that draws a line on learning, and decides he is above the idiocycricities of military life and judges, rather then learns from what goes on around him... yes mam, that sounds like your husband, and all I can say is that Im glad he did not join my Army when I was in, cos we had enough whining little children to deal with who thought life should be better to them...

Well heres what I concluded when I was subjected to the noise of those whiney little children, "life is what you make of it... if you dont like it... keep your trap shut, and leave at the first available opportunity, so the rest of us can breathe!!!"...

Respectfully
Exo..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
First Sergeant

I'm sorry I missed this. Anyway, I'm from and currently sitting within 5 Miles of of Union TWP Clermont County Ohio. I actually know a Daniel Hunt (I doubt its the same guy) from that area. So to the OP did they ever pick this guy up? For anyone else, No I will not be hunting any AWOL's down. Personally, I don't care. That guy is a cancer that is no longer in an unit. I don't think local police dept's need to spend their time and resources on goof balls like this. Let this clown go through the rest of his life looking over his shoulder wondering if the next knock on the door is the "one". The next time he gets pulled over, there will be a warrant on him, they'll lock him up and the Army will come get him. Don't worry, Union Twp police will lock him up, they get 10% of what ever bond is on him.
As for everyone's comments on the the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, isn't wonderful that you can have your opinion?
a simple thank you will suffice.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbunny13 View Post
As for everyone's comments on the the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, isn't wonderful that you can have your opinion?
AMEN!!! And we have God & our soldiers to thank for that!

Old 03-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Whatever!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup View Post
to the person who posted about someone going awol. so what. if i knew my husband wouldnt get in ridiculous trouble i would suggest the same. the army is full of lies. they tell you what you want to hear and nothing more. they is no good way to get out of military if your unhappy. you can read your contract all day long and tech. you signed it stating that you have read and agree to everything and if you didnt understand that you should ask your recruiter. why? they just lie. who can you go to after you sign the contract. no one. they simply dont care. you have to go thru chain of command and that is not exactly easy when the people above you dont care to listen either. im glad this person went awol. good for him. i hope he never gets found. maybe then he will be happy.
as for the person who responded with comment saying iraq or war is why he went awol. i highly doubt it. at least 6-7 men in my husbands unit think of it everyday. its not the war. its the stupid crap they deal with, the unfairness that goes on, the *** kissers get away with murder, but if you stand your ground and dont let idiots who think just cause they have higher rank get to you then your not a good soldier. bull****. my husband is a great soldier and the unit he is in is an absolute joke. if the military would do more for the ones who actually do a good job instead of knocking them down, our military would be alot better and moral would be alot higher. my husband went to iraq already and its not the war. that was a piece of cake, its the stupid people that make people hate their jobs and want out.
Is your husband so stupid he cant explain a simple contract?? Maybe he should have taken it to the local elementary school and had someone explain it to him. I spent 24 years in the Army and signed several contracts along the way. They are not that difficult to decipher. If he is not getting what his contract stated then he is more than welcome to apply for breach of contract and be released from his obligation. I doubt he will do it though because I know exactly what kind of Soldier he is. He is too smart for the Army!! He attempts to make logic out of the orders he is given!! He is also the type of Soldier who joined only for the college money and benefits. He wont file for a breach of contract because he is the type of Soldier who BIT**ES and complains but he is the first one in the pay line and the chow line. Quite honestly I hope he goes AWOL too. I dont want him in my beloved Army and I am willing to bet his superiors dont either. Shame on you for believing the drivel he tells you. Why dont you find out for yourself exactly what the problem is? I noticed you complained about "lies" but you didnt give a single example. If he has a legitimate complaint he can go to the IG and file his complaint and his superiors cant do a thing about it!!!Dont tell me that he has no legitimate way to get out!!! And by the way..."standing your ground" is insubordination and punishable by jail time. Feel lucky his ARSE isnt in jail right now!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Brigadier General

Well said, Doc.
Retired MSG

Old 03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Thank you Gunbunny! And all who have served in peace & in war.
Retired MSG

Old 03-08-2009, 11:21 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmedik View Post
Is your husband so stupid he cant explain a simple contract?? Maybe he should have taken it to the local elementary school and had someone explain it to him. I spent 24 years in the Army and signed several contracts along the way. They are not that difficult to decipher. If he is not getting what his contract stated then he is more than welcome to apply for breach of contract and be released from his obligation. I doubt he will do it though because I know exactly what kind of Soldier he is. He is too smart for the Army!! He attempts to make logic out of the orders he is given!! He is also the type of Soldier who joined only for the college money and benefits. He wont file for a breach of contract because he is the type of Soldier who BIT**ES and complains but he is the first one in the pay line and the chow line. Quite honestly I hope he goes AWOL too. I dont want him in my beloved Army and I am willing to bet his superiors dont either. Shame on you for believing the drivel he tells you. Why dont you find out for yourself exactly what the problem is? I noticed you complained about "lies" but you didnt give a single example. If he has a legitimate complaint he can go to the IG and file his complaint and his superiors cant do a thing about it!!!Dont tell me that he has no legitimate way to get out!!! And by the way..."standing your ground" is insubordination and punishable by jail time. Feel lucky his ARSE isnt in jail right now!!!!
Well said!!...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-12-2009, 10:06 AM
First Sergeant

Not that it really matters but, I was catching up with the local county papers and, this guy was caught and handed over to the military.
A local police dept got 'em. I know the police chief of office that got him. He and I first met while assigned to 1Bn 10th Cav back in the day. If I know him, he was salivating over catching a deserter.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Not that it really matters but, I was catching up with the local county papers and, this guy was caught and handed over to the military.
A local police dept got 'em. I know the police chief of office that got him. He and I first met while assigned to 1Bn 10th Cav back in the day. If I know him, he was salivating over catching a deserter.
Tell the Chief "well done!"
Retired MSG

Tags
awol, court marshal, fugitive