armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Suggestions & Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 04-20-2007, 09:24 PM
First Sergeant

I have had the honor of serving with some very fine soldiers, some were reformed addics....

I'm not defending or condoning his actions like I said prior if he wants it bad enough....

and since he has not reposted Its lookin like he did not

Old 04-21-2007, 08:29 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

i dont think it was the part of being a former drugger that burnt the balls of these fine men, it was the part of not taking responsibilty for his actions. my husbnad hisself is a former addict, and today is a fine soilder and excellent husband and father. he took responsiblity and made it right.

i made plenty of wrong choices as a teen, not mistakes. you learn, grow up, take RESPONSIBILITY, and move on

Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmullins View Post
i dont think it was the part of being a former drugger that burnt the balls of these fine men, it was the part of not taking responsibilty for his actions. my husbnad hisself is a former addict, and today is a fine soilder and excellent husband and father. he took responsiblity and made it right.

i made plenty of wrong choices as a teen, not mistakes. you learn, grow up, take RESPONSIBILITY, and move on
Precisely....you hit the nail on the head.... an 18 kid called to my house collecting for a drug rehab clinic two weeks ago.... he was small and whilst well fed, he looked like a former addict.. his body was still healing from the effects of the drugs.... he explained he was on herione from the ages of 12-16yrs old and was clean for 2 yrs.... he had thrown his youth away to 16yrs old, but took responsibilty for the ****ty life he had as a junkie and is now clean.... I complimented his initative and donated to the Rehab centre..... This kid had nothing, and instead of whining about it, he did took responsibility for his actions and did something about it, and now has a shot at life.... If allthose who loathe in their self pity could follow this young mans example, then the world would be a better place....

Glad to see your hubbie turned his around, and is doing so well... my regards and compliments to him...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 04-21-2007, 06:20 PM
First Sergeant

if he wants in he's gotta prove it

Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11binfantry View Post
if he wants in he's gotta prove it
Absolutely..... the Army is not for everyone... of the 125 men in my training company on day 1..... 8 of us passed out as soldiers.... the rest were replacements of replacements in some cases.... Strong metal is hard to find in those days, and I think harder these days...

Old 04-23-2007, 12:13 AM
First Sergeant

ya that mettle is suprising harder and harder to shape these days the young have differnet views of what sterner stuff is

Old 04-23-2007, 12:41 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
ya that mettle is suprising harder and harder to shape these days the young have differnet views of what sterner stuff is
Yea, I know... I had a 20 yr old in my dept who couldnt hack all the "Hard work" we do each day and walked out... she wanted a more reasonable workload that didnt tax her so much through the day.. Oh pleaase... spare me the whining.... I was happy to show her the door... Maybe one day she will grow up..

Old 04-24-2007, 03:54 AM
First Sergeant

I just chaptered a young soldier for failing to adhear to the no drug use for the us army gave the guy several oportunitys to fix him self but after falling asleep on the 240 range as AG I figured he was done at that point. its pathetic

Old 04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
I just chaptered a young soldier for failing to adhear to the no drug use for the us army gave the guy several oportunitys to fix him self but after falling asleep on the 240 range as AG I figured he was done at that point. its pathetic
Couldnt agree more!!.. Soldiering is no joke.... you did the right thing....

Old 04-24-2007, 02:19 PM
First Sergeant

yup thats what they pay me for :lol: