armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2009, 05:57 PM
First Sergeant

Default Anyone a 68W?

Hey everyone, this is mostly directed to any 68Ws on the site.

Basically I'm looking to know how the job is, and what the training is like so I have a better idea going in. If anyone can provide me with some of their personal experiences in this position, or has expert knowledge regarding 68W please let me know.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Sergeant First Class

Default Here !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Whiskey View Post
Hey everyone, this is mostly directed to any 68Ws on the site.

Basically I'm looking to know how the job is, and what the training is like so I have a better idea going in. If anyone can provide me with some of their personal experiences in this position, or has expert knowledge regarding 68W please let me know.

I enlisted in the Army in 1983 as a Cavalry Scout. Spent 8 years active duty. When I got out I went to the Texas National Guard and reclassed as a 91B( the old designator for 68W) Was a medic/lpn for 15 years and loved every minute of it. I spent most of my time with the infantry and the armor. I can tell you that there is no better title than "Doc". They will not bestow you with that honorable title lightly. These guy's will know if you know your Shiite or not!! Your only mission is to take care of your guy's!!! NEVER PUT YOUR OWN COMFORT ABOVE THIERS!!! If you are not sincere in your care of them they will make your lif e a miserable hell!! I made sure that I was not only proficient in my Medical skills but I needed to be tactically and professionally proficient. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS put the welfare of your troops first and you will do fine. DO NOT BE AFRAID to voice your PROFESSIONAL opinion when you think something is unsafe. I put my foot down once on a training mission and had it scrubbed because the mission was unsafe due to alot of variables. The other platoon went ahead and did the mission and put 2 guy's in the hospital and one out of the Army forever due to his injuries. When it comes to troop safety you outrank everyone!! I have spoken to two-star Generals and given them my safety assessment of a mission. You are there to protect and serve the force! Be a force multiplier!! Your Soldiers will give you the respect you deserve....IF YOU EARN IT!!! GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
First Sergeant

Thanks for the story Recon. I'm looking foward to taking care of my fellow soldiers. Your input has definately shed some light on the subject for me and I appreciate it.