armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Second Lieutenant

Default DS and the mystery e-mail

Last Monday I received a phone call from Michael. He told me that he wanted to see a psychiatrist or something and that he was going to talk to his DS that night.. He never called back or wrote to tell me if he did that..

Anyway, I get a call yesterday from Mike's mom. Apparently, she was contacted about an a-mail that Mike's DS supposedly received. She said that they told her that the e-mail said that the letter sent to parents with the graduation dates was sent to his girlfriend, and not his mother.... They claimed that the e-mail included his roster number.. She had two minutes to speak with Michael, and he said he was in a lot of trouble.

Neither of us sent the e-mail. Neither of us knew his DS' name, or how the heck you could even find a DS' e-mail address... Neither of us even knew what a roster number was until this situation came up... And I certainly did not receive any letter from the Army!

Nothing adds up. It couldn't have been either of us, and even if I had received that Army letter, I would've just given it to his mom, not wasted my time with some dumb e-mail..

I have a few questions:
1) Is it possible that the e-mail does not exist, and that they're just messing with Michael's head because of the whole psychiatrist thing?

2) Why would Michael even get into trouble for an e-mail like that?

3) How else could they possibly use this e-mail against him? My father suggested that if he really went to a psychiatrist, they might just be making bull**** up to make him look ****ty...

4) Is there any way either I or his mother can get a copy of this supposed e-mail? Is there any way we can confirm its existance?

Old 05-07-2009, 04:58 PM
First Lieutenant

I supposed it is possible that if the military feels Michael is attempting to get discharged because of a psych problem, that they may not want to provide him his entitlements. Thus, they are trying to incriminate him somehow with this alleged e-mail. Although, I am not sure what lengths the Army is going to go to do this...or if they would to begin with.

Who contacted Mikes Mother?

Old 05-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBizo View Post
I supposed it is possible that if the military feels Michael is attempting to get discharged because of a psych problem, that they may not want to provide him his entitlements. Thus, they are trying to incriminate him somehow with this alleged e-mail. Although, I am not sure what lengths the Army is going to go to do this...or if they would to begin with.

Who contacted Mikes Mother?
His DS.

How can they incriminate him with this e-mail? He didn't send it, we didn't send it. It probably doesn't even exist, and if it does, they can easily trace it and see it wasn't any of us. Plus they couldn't discharge him over that BS.. I'd think that he'd just get PT as punishment.. which is ridiculous.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:15 PM
First Lieutenant

None of it makes any sense. Why would his DS (if just wanting to mess with Mike) call his mother? Why not deny him the right to the phone and punish him without making up a story?

I feel like maybe Mikes mom misinterpreted what the DS was saying or something.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
None of it makes any sense. Why would his DS (if just wanting to mess with Mike) call his mother? Why not deny him the right to the phone and punish him without making up a story?

I feel like maybe Mikes mom misinterpreted what the DS was saying or something.
To **** with Mike some more. It makes it seem more real when you're not only punishing the soldier, but worrying his family too.

There is nobody that would have sent that e-mail. Who would know his roster number? Who would know who his DS is? Who would know about me? Who would send something so stupid?

Even if she misunderstood, there still was nobody who sent any e-mail whatsoever..

It makes no sense...

Old 05-07-2009, 05:22 PM
First Lieutenant

I dunno. It isn't the DS job to screw with a recruit like that. Something was misunderstood by someone somewhere along the line. Only time will tell.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
I dunno. It isn't the DS job to screw with a recruit like that. Something was misunderstood by someone somewhere along the line. Only time will tell.
Something better have been misunderstood.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:21 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post
Last Monday I received a phone call from Michael. He told me that he wanted to see a psychiatrist or something and that he was going to talk to his DS that night.. He never called back or wrote to tell me if he did that..

Anyway, I get a call yesterday from Mike's mom. Apparently, she was contacted about an a-mail that Mike's DS supposedly received. She said that they told her that the e-mail said that the letter sent to parents with the graduation dates was sent to his girlfriend, and not his mother.... They claimed that the e-mail included his roster number.. She had two minutes to speak with Michael, and he said he was in a lot of trouble.

Neither of us sent the e-mail. Neither of us knew his DS' name, or how the heck you could even find a DS' e-mail address... Neither of us even knew what a roster number was until this situation came up... And I certainly did not receive any letter from the Army!

Nothing adds up. It couldn't have been either of us, and even if I had received that Army letter, I would've just given it to his mom, not wasted my time with some dumb e-mail..

I have a few questions:
1) Is it possible that the e-mail does not exist, and that they're just messing with Michael's head because of the whole psychiatrist thing?

2) Why would Michael even get into trouble for an e-mail like that?

3) How else could they possibly use this e-mail against him? My father suggested that if he really went to a psychiatrist, they might just be making bull**** up to make him look ****ty...

4) Is there any way either I or his mother can get a copy of this supposed e-mail? Is there any way we can confirm its existance?
thats verrrry weird. i wonder what the misunderstanding was if there was one! i hope he doesn't get in trouble! that would be pretty bad..but hope everything works out for you!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinhim View Post
thats verrrry weird. i wonder what the misunderstanding was if there was one! i hope he doesn't get in trouble! that would be pretty bad..but hope everything works out for you!
Oh i know he at least got a crapload of extra PT....

Thanks.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Sergeant First Class

Send a message via AIM to PaganAngel Send a message via MSN to PaganAngel

im sure what i have to say wont do much... but my email a lot of the time goes to others in the spam box -.-

check your spam box... and tell his mother to do the same
look for an email that could be military related
*shrugs* just a suggestion

im sorry thought, for whats going on with your boyfriend... hopefully nothing too serious of a consequence will happen!