Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 12-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
true words.
i sometimes wonder why the US troops can dodge the international laws so often.
I'm not aware of that ,please could you provide an example ?

Old 12-12-2006, 01:15 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
true words.
i sometimes wonder why the US troops can dodge the international laws so often.
New one on me Torps... I know dum dum Rumsfliet wanted the Geneva Convention rewritten in his image, and America did not sign upto the International Criminal Court... but regular voilations of International Law (Iraq invasion argueably but thats political) is a new one for me.... can you elaborate please....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 12-12-2006, 01:15 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane View Post
Thank you Exo.

The rules should apply to everyone, if you commit a crime you should be punished no matter who you are, war crimes included.
Your Welcome Z.... and yes, they should apply to everybody....

Old 12-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Staff Sergeant

No Nation maintains military superiority forever - what goes around comes around and Israel as a homeland for Jews will disappear for another thousand years if they fail to recognize that they are on a tiny piece of land surrounded by hundreds of millions of people who hate them for what they are doing - not because they are Jews. There is an opportunity for Israel to negotiate a just and lasting peace from a position of strenght by renouncing violence and agreeing that Palestinians are entitled to human rights...long term thinking!

Btw - Exo1 you are still acting like a wanker - smarten up!

Old 12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

You are still acting like a douche!

Old 12-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
You are still acting like a douche!
right back atcha stud!

Old 12-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Well, I'm not the one who claims that Patriotism and Fascism go hand in hand cupcake!

Old 12-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
Well, I'm not the one who claims that Patriotism and Fascism go hand in hand cupcake!
LOL - You should re-read that thread!

Old 12-13-2006, 12:33 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus loves me more View Post
LOL - You should re-read that thread!
Why, did you rewrite it??...

Old 12-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Colonel

Updated: 11:53 a.m. ET Dec 13, 2006

TEHRAN - Iran on Wednesday called for U.N. Security Council action against Israel, seizing on remarks by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert widely interpreted as an admission that the country has nuclear weapons.

“This confession reveals a real threat to security and stability in the Middle East and shows the evil aims and plots of this regime,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini.

Quoted by the official IRNA news agency, Hosseini called for “effective and rapid measures in the Security Council and the Organization of Islamic Conference and other regional organizations to combat these explicit threats.”

In a German television interview broadcast on Monday, Olmert said: “Iran, openly, explicitly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map. Can you say that this is the same level, when they are aspiring to have nuclear weapons, as America, France, Israel, Russia?”

Olmert aides said the remarks did not constitute an admission that Israel had atomic weapons.

Leading opposition lawmakers in Israel have accused Olmert of undermining Israel’s campaign to curb the atomic ambitions of Iran with his remarks.

Independent analysts believe Israel has built up to 200 nuclear warheads since the late 1960s. Israel refuses to discuss the matter, under an “ambiguity” policy aimed both at deterring regional foes and avoiding an arms race.

Increasing rhetoric
The reticence is a major grievance for Iran, which sees a double standard in Western calls for Tehran to accept checks on a nuclear program that it says is for civilian use.

“Iran recommends that the Security Council place emphasis on combating the open and real threats of the nuclear weapons capabilities, instead of putting unreal issues on its agenda,” Hosseini said.

Iran and Israel have traded increasingly confrontational rhetoric and accusations in recent months.

In an interview with Germany’s Spiegel magazine last week Olmert called for dramatic measures against Iran and declined to rule out a military attack against the Islamic Republic.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday on Israel would soon be consigned to history, as happened to the Soviet Union.

Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

200. That would be an insurance policy that would annihilate thier part of the world.