armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Mobilization & Deployment
User Name
Password

Old 06-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Recruit

Question So many questions, So little time.

Ok, so my boyfriend is being deployed really soon. (Still don't have an actual date yet, but he's already been gone from home 1 month now). He is completing his training right now and then he is deployed for Iraq for at least 1 year. This is his first deployment, and I'm new to all of this. I'm trying to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can. So.... Here are a few of my many questions..... When will we get a date for deployment (all we have are guesses at this point)? Why can't I find out anything? How do I become a member of the FRG? How do I get a contact list of the guys in his unit and their spouses (to keep in touch with while he is overseas)? If anyone can has any answers/help/suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

go to your boyfriends unit, they will get you the info for the FRG. anyone can join this. you can share contact info there with the other family to keep in touch with eachother. give support to them when they need it, and they will do the same for you. you cant find out anything until he finds out. and even then, sometimes you still cant know. the army just doesnt throw that kind of information around. even when your an army spouse, you are limited to info. it never realy gets easier, you just learn how do deal with it better.