armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 09-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Recruit

Question Concerned

Hi,
I am a mother who's daughter's boyfriend has convinced her that once he if through his training that she can live with him once he is stationed. I am concerned because I have several family member who have been in the army and though they have retired now I do not think that the army would have changed so much in their basic principles that they would support military people and their girlfriends or boyfriends. Spouses, Yes. I am deeply troubled and have searched several websites but have not received my answer. Please help.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:08 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother View Post
Hi,
I am a mother who's daughter's boyfriend has convinced her that once he if through his training that she can live with him once he is stationed. I am concerned because I have several family member who have been in the army and though they have retired now I do not think that the army would have changed so much in their basic principles that they would support military people and their girlfriends or boyfriends. Spouses, Yes. I am deeply troubled and have searched several websites but have not received my answer. Please help.
Hi there, assuming you are US, I think they do allow common law relationships on base, but not sure.. Married yes or Single yes.... Some of the US lads can answer this for ya, but on base you gotta be able to meet the rule specifications when looking for accomodation from the Army. I would drop into your local recruiter and ask him. He should know the answer straight off.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:10 PM
General of the Armies

One other thing... "Sabre Oscar" is a US Army Recruiter by profession.... you can private message him on this site.

Hey Sabre.... the lady needs your help!!...

Old 09-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Hi there, assuming you are US, I think they do allow common law relationships on base, but not sure.. Married yes or Single yes.... Some of the US lads can answer this for ya, but on base you gotta be able to meet the rule specifications when looking for accomodation from the Army. I would drop into your local recruiter and ask him. He should know the answer straight off.

I'm going Navy, however the rules shouldn't be much different. They do not allow a "girlfriend" to live on base with you. Of course unless he gets BAH and lives off base he could. But on base it must be a spouse.

If she's telling you it will be on base. Maybe she's hinting to something.

"War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over" - Gen William T. Sherman