armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Colonel

to get to the point..
you need to examine the Russian-Chinease relationship a bit more closely..[/QUOTE]

Quite right Tors, but don't challenge the intellectual powers of the flag-flyers too much.

'Never was so much owed by so many to so few.'
Sir Winston Churchill.

Nearly 750,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion. That is a cause for shame, not pride.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:55 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by torspo[fin] View Post
yep. this individual (real nice performance there Varjags) is still from the old
Warsaw Pact countries..

I have said but you have not listened. do your self a favor and search.

I did say that Soviet Union was totally Ahead in the research of various things

I also said that Russia will inherit that legacy.

to get to the point..
you need to examine the Russian-Chinease relationship a bit more closely..
Right!!.. getting to that point, I still dont know what hes talking about..

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 04-02-2008, 04:57 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurusch View Post
to get to the point..
you need to examine the Russian-Chinease relationship a bit more closely..

Quite right Tors, but don't challenge the intellectual powers of the flag-flyers too much.[/QUOTE]

Nothing is challanged K, you gotta make a coherant point to do that!!...

Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Right!!.. getting to that point, I still dont know what hes talking about..
He's saying that China is growing closer to Russia following the coolness during the Soviet days. They conduct war games together, have agreements and are united in their intention to rebuff the West should it attack either of them. He also points out that Russia has begun to get its technological act back together and can be seen now, on the high seas letting the world know it's coming back. Should the West ever be foolish enough to Attack China (something very foolish indeed) it may have to face Russia too.

Sir Winston Churchill.

Nearly 750,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion. That is a cause for shame, not pride.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:51 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurusch View Post
He's saying that China is growing closer to Russia following the coolness during the Soviet days. They conduct war games together, have agreements and are united in their intention to rebuff the West should it attack either of them. He also points out that Russia has begun to get its technological act back together and can be seen now, on the high seas letting the world know it's coming back. Should the West ever be foolish enough to Attack China (something very foolish indeed) it may have to face Russia too.
Ah right, and Torps is quiet right too!!.. I agree that they (China & Russia) are mobilizing and cooperating at a much closer level then most would be willing to acknowledge. The SCO has given a platform for trade and "defence" for China and Russia but also a number of Asian countries and Middle Eastern ones(Iran for one) has being attracted to its banner. PreEmptive Strikes on China would be a nonsense in my estimation as we should never allow ourselves to be ruled by fear. That said, China is not our bussom buddy either!... Military men always take time to understand their advisary and so should countries. China is duplicitious, and cunning no doubt, but their own arrogance is a tactical advantage to the west. Lets not through such gifts away cos we are afraid and wanna live by the laws of absolutes (which is in reality the laws of dellusion), cos nothing in this world is truely absolute.

Lets understand our enemies, their motives, their intent, their way of being in this world, how they conduct themselves, what are their values, what are their definations of right/wrong, etc and how they apply "Their" package to their country and then to the world. Only then, can we get into their heads and understand their "game plan"...leading me to the last point, forewarned is forearmed, and challanging a country diplomatically if needed is much more effective when you have something tangible to challange them on...

In conclusion, a teams whos organised, got a gameplan of their own and understands not only the oppositions game plan but how they think will always take the trophy home...

Old 04-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
Isolated pockets, Spike. A command economy is very much still prevalent in China. Personal success is being gathered up by the government to feed its modernizing military: essence of Communism.
Communism? My arse!

Does America not tax its citizens to raise money for the military? Talk about calling the pot black

Old 04-08-2008, 03:47 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Communism? My arse!

Does America not tax its citizens to raise money for the military? Talk about calling the pot black
So does UK... whats your point??...

Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
So does UK... whats your point??...
Correct the UK does as well and so do most countries. Chinas wealth is growing and so is its military expenditure..So what! What the hell has that got to do with Communism apart from NOTHING!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:21 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Correct the UK does as well and so do most countries. Chinas wealth is growing and so is its military expenditure..So what! What the hell has that got to do with Communism apart from NOTHING!
Nothing.... I agree there.. China is a "little Empire" in the making, and its got a veil called communism.

Communism is a fantasy that died with Lenin.... Hitler was a Fascist and Stalin a communist, so how can two dudes have identical Modus Opperandi's and be diametrically opposite in political standpoints?.... Easy, they are both Dictators... along with War Criminals, murdering bastards, etc, etc...

Old 04-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Nothing.... I agree there.. China is a "little Empire" in the making, and its got a veil called communism.

Communism is a fantasy that died with Lenin.... Hitler was a Fascist and Stalin a communist, so how can two dudes have identical Modus Opperandi's and be diametrically opposite in political standpoints?.... Easy, they are both Dictators... along with War Criminals, murdering bastards, etc, etc...
I don't see China as 'only' a little empire, providing it doesn't collapse under the weight of internal upheaval, which is possible.

Lenin was murderer, communism as a real possibility died with Marx.

Stalin was not a communist, he was a fascist and a megalomaniac.

Sir Winston Churchill.