Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Politics
User Name
Password

Old 08-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMcCain View Post
LOL, that was good. I'll give that to you.
ROFL...

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 08-26-2007, 07:00 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajit krachuk View Post
We have been using special forces for many years in Iraq. We even fight along side Iraqi Kurds in the 90's. But the PKK disappear into the mountains and are very difficult to dislodge. The Kurdish authorities role is ambiguous. They are not Communist but want a Greater Kurdistan and so there is some collusion to achieve this aim. By the way there are already Turkish troops in N. Iraq with the permission of the Kurdish regional authorities.
I didnt say it would be easy... I just said it was the right strategy to deal with the problem... Ok, you got assets in N Iraq working with local government to rid the area of parimilitary fighters.. Good move.. you need to get full support from local police and community leaders to give up the location and supply trails for the mountain hideouts... Ive being saying this on a number of debates that involve parimlitaries in a conflict... Intel Intel Intel... you need good intel to Id your target prior to strike... look at the job the British SAS did in the far east, Malaysia and some other dump where communist rebels had the beating of the British Regulars.. they turned it around on the following fronts including the following;

1. Long Range Patrolling in "Hot Areas!"
2. Consistant Consultation and Relationship Building with locals for Intel Collection Purposes]
3. Coordinated collation of Intel from Aerial, Patrol, Human and other sources to ID enemy locations, strengths and sometimes offensive capibility
4. Deployment of High Quality SOF assets to recon location and identify feeder trails to other hideouts and Recon them too...
5. Deployment of SOF Strike assets to take down the locations.... if possible joint strikes using arial assets for runners were made... Local forces were used where possible once they didnt comprimise unit or operational safety/security..... often this was not feasible, but the effort was made to give them the feeling of inclusions, and credit for strikes...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 09-17-2007, 05:14 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
It is natural to ask "why"... it is how she went about it that was shameful.

In what way is she 'shameful'?

'Never was so much owed by so many to so few.'
Sir Winston Churchill.

Nearly 750,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion. That is a cause for shame, not pride.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
Good. she doesnt diserve to have any say in how our country is run. She handels things poorly, and it just isnt respectful.
What standard are you using to determine who has a right to a view on their own society?
In what way is she 'disrespectful'?

Sir Winston Churchill.

Nearly 750,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion. That is a cause for shame, not pride.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Brigadier General

Sajit hasn't spotted this post, so I'll take the liberty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
you do realize that the US was attacked...right?
Not by Iraq it wasn't. Al queda and Iraq had nothing in common.

Quote:
we have reason to be over there.
Yes you do, you're there for oil....

Quote:
our troops are doing good
Well they should be, they cost enough.

Quote:
and im sure the american people prefer the war be on other soil.
I'm sure they do. Only there was no Al queda in Iraq while Saddam was in power.

Quote:
yes a lot of lies have been said about this war
Quite!

Quote:
..however a lot of things are left in the dark as well
Reading what you have said upto press. You seem to be very much in the dark.

Quote:
as for Turkey...they have their "beef" with Iraq...why bring it up in regards to the US
Because the US Army occupies Iraq and thats where the PKK communist terrorist are based.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:06 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurusch View Post
What standard are you using to determine who has a right to a view on their own society?
In what way is she 'disrespectful'?
Im not American, as you all know, but Id have to as I usually do and not mind my own business, so Im butting in by saying..... she was disrespectful in the way she voiced herself in bitterness that demeaned the sacrafice of her son and his own beliefs... He believed in his country, its military and was prepared to give all, which is exactly what he did... his mothers grief has appearantly consumed her which is reflected in the way she delivered her message... It is disrespectful, and an absolute shame, the Iraqi war has two casualties inthat family, the Dead Son, and the Broken Mother..

Exo...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 09-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Im not American, as you all know, but Id have to as I usually do and not mind my own business, so Im butting in by saying..... she was disrespectful in the way she voiced herself in bitterness that demeaned the sacrafice of her son and his own beliefs... He believed in his country, its military and was prepared to give all, which is exactly what he did... his mothers grief has appearantly consumed her which is reflected in the way she delivered her message... It is disrespectful, and an absolute shame, the Iraqi war has two casualties inthat family, the Dead Son, and the Broken Mother..

Exo...
How a mother grieves her son is not something that can be 'controlled' for the benefit of others. If she feels that, being 'bitter' as you put it, helps her then so be it. I for one would never assume to lecture anyone as to how they should come to terms with death. If I disliked the actions and words of a bereaved parent, I would have the decency to ignore her, not abuse her. It was her son, not ours. The only disrespect in this sad thread is the disrespect for the mother. And shame on all of you who display it.

Sir Winston Churchill.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Corporal

Quote:
How a mother grieves her son is not something that can be 'controlled' for the benefit of others. If she feels that, being 'bitter' as you put it, helps her then so be it. I for one would never assume to lecture anyone as to how they should come to terms with death. If I disliked the actions and words of a bereaved parent, I would have the decency to ignore her, not abuse her. It was her son, not ours. The only disrespect in this sad thread is the disrespect for the mother. And shame on all of you who display it.
I agree. We just have to throw a deaf one at her bitterness and non sensical behaviour, the woman is grieving. There is no way we could know how she feels if we are not experiencing similar things in our lives

God bless

Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Mr. Kurusch,
You might not know the entire story. Sheehan gave up custody to her son years before he died. She made up stories of Casey's unwillingness to serve in the army during the war. (In which he re-enlisted while in Iraq I believe. He even volunteered that day to serve in the QRF unit that he had died fighting in.).

After first meeting with the president, she had nothing bad to say about him. It was then other people got a hold of her and decided to use her to pull their own agenda. And, so far, she has allowed herself to be manipulated. Meeting with Hugo Chavez, Jesse Jackson, and other groups that have nothing even to do with the anti-war movement.
She has been a pawn for the ILLEGITIMATE LEFT in this country.

She has her opinion and can say what she wants. However, it is anyone's here prerogatives to call her out on her bull****. And they do not have to feel any shame in doing so.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:14 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMcCain View Post
Mr. Kurusch,
You might not know the entire story. Sheehan gave up custody to her son years before he died. She made up stories of Casey's unwillingness to serve in the army during the war. (In which he re-enlisted while in Iraq I believe. He even volunteered that day to serve in the QRF unit that he had died fighting in.).

After first meeting with the president, she had nothing bad to say about him. It was then other people got a hold of her and decided to use her to pull their own agenda. And, so far, she has allowed herself to be manipulated. Meeting with Hugo Chavez, Jesse Jackson, and other groups that have nothing even to do with the anti-war movement.
She has been a pawn for the ILLEGITIMATE LEFT in this country.

She has her opinion and can say what she wants. However, it is anyone's here prerogatives to call her out on her bull****. And they do not have to feel any shame in doing so.
Hugo Chavez is workin for the CIA dude! Oh boy, Listen son, we found the damn oil. Now we're selling it to China. We gotta look all cool and ****. So we sell the chinqs some crap about him being a che luvin SOB, get it? It had to be good for the chinese to buy it .....not the oil, the story. **** if we didn't provide their economy with oil where would we get our led painted toys from huh?