Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Sergeant First Class

Question Question in reply to another bah question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygirl4Ever View Post
Have your parents draw up a lease agreement stating how much you will be paying. It doesn't matter how much you pay to them, BAH is not dependent on the amount of rent but your location. Have it notorized and give it to your husband to take with him when he leaves.

It's as simple as that. A lot of people move back in with parents during training or deployment. Good luck.
Hey lol you seem to know what your talking about with this so i was wondering... my bf and i are planning on being married before he deployes in 2009... im in school and dont really have a permanent residency, i rent a house where i go to college and live with my parentals in the summer months... im not sure what i will be doing that summer, i may be staying in my college house. do you know what we would do for the housing allowence in a situation where we dont have one address? or do you have any info about the GI Bill and how we would be able to use that?

(or if anyone else has any info its welcomed with open eyes)

Old 08-05-2008, 04:00 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
Hey lol you seem to know what your talking about with this so i was wondering... my bf and i are planning on being married before he deployes in 2009... im in school and dont really have a permanent residency, i rent a house where i go to college and live with my parentals in the summer months... im not sure what i will be doing that summer, i may be staying in my college house. do you know what we would do for the housing allowence in a situation where we dont have one address? or do you have any info about the GI Bill and how we would be able to use that?

(or if anyone else has any info its welcomed with open eyes)
His BAH will be dependent on his duty station, it doesn't matter where you are. He will receive BAH for the installation he is at.

As far as the GI Bill, are you asking about how you can use his? That is dependent on a few variables, such as how long he has been in and all that, for a lot of Soldiers it won't kick in for their spouses to use until next year and again that depends on the amount of time the Soldier themselves have been in.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygirl4Ever View Post
His BAH will be dependent on his duty station, it doesn't matter where you are. He will receive BAH for the installation he is at.

As far as the GI Bill, are you asking about how you can use his? That is dependent on a few variables, such as how long he has been in and all that, for a lot of Soldiers it won't kick in for their spouses to use until next year and again that depends on the amount of time the Soldier themselves have been in.

K cool thanks for the info! do we still get the BAH when he is overseas?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
K cool thanks for the info! do we still get the BAH when he is overseas?
Yes, again, it will be for his duty station, regardless of where you are at. If you choose to move home when he is gone, that is at your own expense (the move and/or storage)

Tags
armygirl4ever