armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Recruit

Default Any waiver analysts out there?

I am a 22yr old in good standing with the law.

However, when I was 15, I got into some trouble. 2 Juvenile felonies.

1. Aggravated Battery (not aggravated assault)
2. Lewd and Lascivious (a more severe indecent exposure)

Those times have passed and one could describe the years after that as completely "Rehabilitating"

I am the son of a current active-duty E-8 Marine. I've lived on my own for the past 4 years, always gainfully employed.

I could easily have half a dozen or more character references written by retired Marines whom have either worked with me, or known me through my father.

I tried once to get in while I was 18. Passed through MEPS, 95 on the asvab. However, I believe there was a three-step waiver approval system.

The first two people to "judge" it gave me the green light. However, whatever "final" step it had to go through, it was denied.

I have since moved out of that recruiting region. Also, it has now been 7 years since I was in trouble.

What are my chances? Would a recruiter be willing to actually work with me?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:49 PM
First Sergeant

if it was juvenile I don't think it will even be a problem.
The only thing I would think it would cause a problem is if you would need a higher security clearance.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbunny13 View Post
if it was juvenile I don't think it will even be a problem.
The only thing I would think it would cause a problem is if you would need a higher security clearance.

I didn't think it would be a problem either, but like I said, I've already been denied enlistment once, four years ago.

Went to the "local" recruiter, supposedly the army doesn't even view my "crimes" as serious breaches. One is a misdemeanor and the other is below a misdemeanor. So, hopefully I can get in. I'm overweight, but he said as long as I pass a few tests, it's all good to go.