armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Staff Sergeant

Default Religion and War?

No I'm not looking for a fight but,how do these two mix.How can beliefs of a peaceful nature take you down the path to war.Cause war or even fight it?

It's not an attack on people,I would just like to know how they've been mixed or can be mixed

"When will War fight itself? or When will we fight War?"

Quote by,THE CYKZ 2008

Old 12-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykz View Post
No I'm not looking for a fight but,how do these two mix.How can beliefs of a peaceful nature take you down the path to war.Cause war or even fight it?

It's not an attack on people,I would just like to know how they've been mixed or can be mixed
The simple answer: some pervert the prophet.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Staff Sergeant

I was thinking about other types of beliefs aswell.How can religion mix with war SniperAlpha1?

"When will War fight itself? or When will we fight War?"

Quote by,THE CYKZ 2008

Old 12-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Brigadier General

Whats your point cyko?....The people we are fighting now have twisted the orginonal text(believe it or not Islam is a peaceful religon at its roots)however its not a very forgiving one and is very restrictive(in my opinion)...but hey who am I to say

Im not a religious man and never have been...Thats not to say I disregard other peoples beliefs as nonsense just because they dont match mine(to each their own)and if it helps them and makes their lifes better without affecting other peoples lifes for the worst....more power to them

Everyone has the right to practice their religon and the oppsite is true...everyone has the right not to be forced into a certain religon if choose not to beleve.

I dont care what people name as their higher power thats their choice...I look at the person for who they are....not the relgion they follow...Que Sera Sera
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 12-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Whats your point cyko?....The people we are fighting now have twisted the orginonal text(believe it or not Islam is a peaceful religon at its roots)however its not a very forgiving one and is very restrictive(in my opinion)...but hey who am I to say

Im not a religious man and never have been...Thats not to say I disregard other peoples beliefs as nonsense just because they dont match mine(to each their own)and if it helps them and makes their lifes better without affecting other peoples lifes for the worst....more power to them

Everyone has the right to practice their religon and the oppsite is true...everyone has the right not to be forced into a certain religon if choose not to beleve.

I dont care what people name as their higher power thats their choice...I look at the person for who they are....not the relgion they follow...Que Sera Sera
I agree that Islam seems a bit restrictive in rights in many senses, however Mohamed was a man of peace, despite other questionable areas of his personal life. But let's not forget some prophets also had questionable pasts as well.

Wahhabiism is the cancer of Islam, men so twisted that they recruit mentally retarded teenagers to martyr themselves with some semtex and ball bearings.

Americans have lost sight of the danger. Many pursue rights for these animals and believe that the entire operation is overblown. Just remember, it takes a real sick **** to shoot up an elementary school or target families on vacation. Children were not sparred in India, and never have been in the history of Terrorism.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Major General

To me religion is manipulation of the mass's in its purest form. A perfect breeding ground for any religeous extremism is one where the family has been 'decapitated'. Children look for a role model and when their parents are absent due to war or genocide they are open to manipulation from a multitude sources. In Afghanistan and increasingly Somalia, Islamic extremist are filling the void left by decades of war. Due to the fact that Parents are not present to pass down their moral values.............

That said how do a minority of British/Pakistani's raised in a family enviroment become extremists?.........to the degree where they think its ok to commit mass murder in Israel, Afghanistan and the UK.....

Old 12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykz View Post

nobody looks for a fight nowadays.
thease situations raise from many different
things.

for example... im agnostic by nature..
im registered as evangelic lutherian and raised with the values.

i have difficultiess dealing with most of the religious types..
and im having hard time to understand the total atheists as well.

i do understand the motivations of most wars fueled by religion,
and i do feel ill every time i think about the cost.

when it comes to the costs of the religion mixed with politics i do have a bone to pick
with the muslim extremists.. jewish and some christian extremists aswell.

but since we christians have a grate deal to answer for them... i do let it slide.

as Tex said.. religion can be used as a tool. but when the surroundings are controlled
and the Religion is not the priority of people.. it still can offer much for those who
would need it.

thus i dont condamn it... but i do want to point out that i have seen my fare share of
the U.S. families with the "we are the one and righteous" mind set..

and thats just plain ill.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Brigadier General

I think its a tricky subject and will divied people right down the middel...what you have to ask yourself is...

How many wars has religon stoped?

and how many has it started or prelonged or inflamed?

Im an athiest and have no shame in that whatsoever
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 12-07-2008, 04:50 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
I think its a tricky subject and will divied people right down the middel...what you have to ask yourself is...

How many wars has religon stoped?

and how many has it started or prelonged or inflamed?

Im an athiest and have no shame in that whatsoever
Is it true that Athiests have no morals? Cardinal Murphy o' Conner says you don't have any! and that YOU are helping create an unfriendly Britain.

How do you plead?

Old 12-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Is it true that Athiests have no morals? Cardinal Murphy o' Conner says you don't have any! and that YOU are helping create an unfriendly Britain.

How do you plead?
One person Spike. Pre-Vatican II thinking is a ***** if you ask me, and I'm a practicing Roman Catholic.