armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 05-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to lilyOhio
Default warrant officer help

can anybody give me some more info on warrant officers. i have been doing research and i found something on a site that said only aviation warrant officer positions are open. i am not qualified for aviation because of my eyesight and height i have been told, so if this is true i will just forget about this now, lol. any help? what kind of person would be a good warrant officer? what do they get to do?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Brigadier General

It's possible that at this time WOCS is filled up but not the Aviator Warrant program. By fall ther may be more openings.

WOLQ should be on soon unless he's busy. He is a serving Warrant Officer & he might have some insight but he went Warrant from the NCO ranks.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Sergeant

what jobs are available as a warrant officer? i noticed they have a lot of specific disciplines. should you be pretty well versed in an area to be warrant in it? is it really hard to go from active to warrant? i have heard that active to officer is pretty unlikely, and that was what i was thinking of doing. i need to look into the different officer options more i guess, i will have a college degree in a month, better not to waste it i guess.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Private

I've been trying to find the requirements for aviation... do you know what they are? Like height, vision ect? or where i can find them? thanks for any help

Old 05-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicki1986 View Post
I've been trying to find the requirements for aviation... do you know what they are? Like height, vision ect? or where i can find them? thanks for any help
not sure, i didnt look into them because i know i am not qualified for reg army aviation. i have been looking at the site posted below, but it seems like some of the info is old and is really hard to navigate.
[url]http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOBanner.html[/url]

Old 05-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Brigadier General

You should be able to find the information you want by Googling "WOFT".
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.