armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Sergeant

Send a message via AIM to lilyOhio
Default 09S - commissioned officer

So, in my never ending quest to join the army and figure out what i actually want to do i have come across another question i have been pondering: active duty MOS vs officer MOS

can anyone tell me what 09S exactly means? i want to work towards being an officer, but i want to experience active first, i feel you can't lead without experience. what kind of officer job would you have as an 09S? do they just assign you something? would i be better off picking an active MOS and then making my way to be an officer that way or is a commissioned officer candidate a good route to take? i am so open to a lot of the MOS's right now and i don't have my heart set on one, so i was thinking commissioned officer candidate wouldn't be all that bad.

also, i really want airborne on my contract, can i have that option with any MOS?