Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > The Lounge
User Name
Password

Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scconwill View Post
The obvious typo aside of all the school in Alabama which are the ones that are so easy to get into with a full ride. I would also like to know where you are getting your information because I have a strong feeling that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Oh and your relatives are not you
EXACTLY my point... why would I CARE about your damn scholarship?! I told you I had a full ride. My grandma is stationed in Alabama and gave me info (10yrs ago when I was applying) to get full rides in Alabama so I could move near her. LOL No way was I moving to Alabama to go to school when I had VA and OH state as options to go to.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-Steady View Post
Spikey goes at it with everybody, so don't start getting all warm and fuzzy thinking you're special, Marine
Marines are special anyway! You didn't know that? Anyway I know Spike goes at it with everybody. He wouldn't be Spike if he didn't. I enjoy it.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine4Life View Post
Marines are special anyway! You didn't know that? Anyway I know Spike goes at it with everybody. He wouldn't be Spike if he didn't. I enjoy it.
Why are you on an Army forum again and not a Marine one? (being serious) Since you've made it clear that you will be a Marine...

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 08-04-2008, 11:19 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Why are you on an Army forum again and not a Marine one? (being serious) Since you've made it clear that you will be a Marine...
Actually, I do participate in a Marine forum. I'm on it just as much as this one. When I first came to this thread, I only had a question and wanted some opinions from other people that were in other branches of service. MSG was the first person to reply and I've been here ever since. Although I am a Marine, I respect the Army. Like I said, I have family members that were and some that still are in the Army. Plus, MSG and others on this forum are very helpful when needed.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
You know I am probably the most non racist person here. Hell my best friend/College Roommate is Black, I went to a over 80% African American/ Hispanic school, and the list goes on. I hate ****ing ignorance like that!
You're probably not asian then. Those Asian countries are some of the most racist and bigoted on the planet. In 2006 South Korea was debating whether to allow mixed race Koreans to serve in the military. (Google it). The majority of Koreans up for adoption are mixed race because they are not accepted in that society. They are spat on and bullied in school and will never be allowed to rise to anything if its known beforehand that they are mixed. Both the people and the government take pride in being "pure". Ditto for most of those Asian countries.

When they immigrate here, those cultural norms are never addressed because most people think they are by nature pure and insightful... the dog's bollocks.

Right

Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
You're probably not asian then. Those Asian countries are some of the most racist and bigoted on the planet. In 2006 South Korea was debating whether to allow mixed race Koreans to serve in the military. (Google it). The majority of Koreans up for adoption are mixed race because they are not accepted in that society. They are spat on and bullied in school and will never be allowed to rise to anything if its known beforehand that they are mixed. Both the people and the government take pride in being "pure". Ditto for most of those Asian countries.

When they immigrate here, those cultural norms are never addressed because most people think they are by nature pure and insightful... the dog's bollocks.

Right
Rock has a good point here. Hines Ward (receiver for the Pittsburg Steelers) is half Korean. His mother had to leave Korea when she had him because they were not allowed to have mixed children of any kind. He did an interview on Outside the Lines and he talked about that and how it affected his mother. Now when he goes there, he and his mother are treated like National celebrities. Especially after he won the Super Bowl. How the tables have turned.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Captain

Quote:

Right
This is so true, we were stationed in South Korea for 2 1/2 years, my middle son was born there. He would more accepted in their military than AmeriAsians, they get frowned upon a lot over there, it's a sad thing. When they migrate here, it's the same mentality...

Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
EXACTLY my point... why would I CARE about your damn scholarship?! I told you I had a full ride. My grandma is stationed in Alabama and gave me info (10yrs ago when I was applying) to get full rides in Alabama so I could move near her. LOL No way was I moving to Alabama to go to school when I had VA and OH state as options to go to.
Then why do you keep bringing my education up if you don't give a dam............Ohhhhhhhhhhhh VA and Ohio State so impressive......................NOT! hahaha...................Do you actually think UNA was the only school that offered me one haha you would be wrong.............I only chose UNA because it was close to my grandfather and I could help him out on the ranch............I was runner up list for West Point and I am hoping within the next few years to get an appointment to West Point.........I also could have gone to the Citadel, VMI, North Georgia, Georgia Tech, UAH, and various other school but I did not like them. Oh and the fact that she gave you info is one thing but were you actually awarded the scholarships.......I highly doubt that

Old 08-05-2008, 09:12 AM
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Then why do you keep bringing my education up if you don't give a dam............Ohhhhhhhhhhhh VA and Ohio State so impressive......................NOT! hahaha...................Do you actually think UNA was the only school that offered me one haha you would be wrong.............I only chose UNA because it was close to my grandfather and I could help him out on the ranch............I was runner up list for West Point and I am hoping within the next few years to get an appointment to West Point.........I also could have gone to the Citadel, VMI, North Georgia, Georgia Tech, UAH, and various other school but I did not like them. Oh and the fact that she gave you info is one thing but were you actually awarded the scholarships.......I highly doubt that
It's getting hot in here. I can feel the heat all the way in Nashville.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:04 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via AIM to scconwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine4Life View Post
It's getting hot in here. I can feel the heat all the way in Nashville.
Man that cuz it 98 degrees with out the heat index and with it is 102!