armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 06-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Recruit

Send a message via AIM to vudoochik Send a message via Yahoo to vudoochik
Red face New army mom....

Hi all, my son just joined the army and is in boot camp, was looking for other army mom's to talk to, who may understand what I am going through. I love my son and fully support him, but some times mom needs support too.

Old 06-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Recruit

Default hello

Hi ya

I'm not a mum but hopefully I can give you support as I have not long been through this myself with my husband.

It was a very tuff and worrying time for myself and fully understand what you are going through, well to a point. The best thing I can say is support him as much as you can, tell him how proud you are of him and to keep his chin up. There will be very rough times and very fun times while he is in basic (boot camp) training. But all his has to remember is that at the end of it he wil be soooo proud of you, his family and most importantly himself for sticking at it and doing what he wants to do.

My husband is in the process of deploying to Iraq and is on stand-by as of 13th. He is back in the U.K at the moment on a course and I'm trying my best to get on with my work and keep myself busy to stop thinking about how much closer it is getting for his deployment. It sounds harsh that I'm trying to get on with other things and not think about it but that is the best way. If you think about it too much you will make yourself ill with worry.

Well hopefully this has helped you a little. Again sorry I'm not a mum. Chin up, he'll be fine and tell him how proud you are of him.....he's proud of you.

Old 06-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Recruit

Send a message via AIM to vudoochik Send a message via Yahoo to vudoochik
Default Thank you

Thank you Nino.......you have no idea how helpful your words were, i really apprieciate you taking the time to respond. I do not think its harsh that you are going on with your daily routine, just like you said it makes life easier so you won't make yourself ill. I hope all is well with you and your husband, i know that its as hard for a husband and wife as it is for mother and son. My son has written to me saying they have told him where he is suppose to go after basic, and they already have orders to deploy before the year is over, I understand fully how you are feeling. I am trying to take it one day at a time, some days are harder then others, luckily I get to see him this weekend while he is on pass, so this week I have something wonderful to look forward to. Monday when I get home, well..... one day at a time. Once again thank you very much for your heartfelt words.

Old 06-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Recruit

Default Nice to meet you

My son is leaving June 30th for basic training, I went through having my daughter at Recruit Training for the Marine 18 months ago and now my son is going to be a soldier. I was more informed with my daughter going in, but am clueless as to where to find information about what my son is going into.

I know from when my daughter was in that daily letters of support were VERY helpful. Good luck to your child!

Old 06-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Recruit

Default Military moms

Hi, I know what you mean about being an ARMY mom. My daughter is at Fort Jackson SC and I have not heard from her since she inlisted ......and I am not sure how to get a hold of her, or if that would be a good thing to contact the fort ( dont wish to get her in trouble with her DI for not wrighting home ) But I am worried about her.
Sara