armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 03-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Recruit

Default Foreigners in US Army.

I was just looking around the web and were looking for rules and regulations for foreigners whom wants join the US Army. Anyone knows were to find and read those?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:44 AM
General of the Armies

Firstly, you have to have a Green Card or US Citizanship... you will find allot of recruitment questions on [url]www.goarmy.com[/url] and this site...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Brigadier General

These websites might give you some information :

[url]http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/citizenship.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.army.com/enlist/requirements.html[/url]
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:29 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

This has been covered on this board before in great detail. Do a search.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Recruit

Send a message via AIM to Olim
Default To the US Army with Asylum

Hi everybody,
I'm in the US on Asylum for unlimited time and next month I'm applying for my Green Card.
According to my information, every year limited amount of GC is given to the people who are on Asylum. It might take me more than 3 years to get my GC. I want to join the US army is there any ways to accelerate GC process or receive it during the service. Your answer would be much appreciated
Thanks

Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olim View Post
Hi everybody,
I'm in the US on Asylum for unlimited time and next month I'm applying for my Green Card.
According to my information, every year limited amount of GC is given to the people who are on Asylum. It might take me more than 3 years to get my GC. I want to join the US army is there any ways to accelerate GC process or receive it during the service. Your answer would be much appreciated
Thanks
Alright mate my guess would be you cant join untill you have your green card...but im not sure....talk to the American members...MSG Glenn...Tacky..or Nightflyer...they are better placed to answer that question

good luck mate.....jrj1000

Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Brigadier General

Sorry. Can't tell you a thing about joining while on asylum status. Call a recruiting office & have them do some research for you. Maybe by letting someone know about your desire to enlist your status will be put on a priority basis. (?)

Otherwise you'll just have to wait until you receive your green card.

If you're really serious about joining & are willing to wait then now is a good time to start preparing your body & mind. Get into a good physical training habit & study for the ASVAB. Physical requirements for the Armed Forces & ASVAB study guides along with practice tests can be found on the web.

Use this time to better your chances of getting into the Army while making it easier on yourself once you're in.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:13 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG Glenn View Post
Sorry. Can't tell you a thing about joining while on asylum status. Call a recruiting office & have them do some research for you. Maybe by letting someone know about your desire to enlist your status will be put on a priority basis. (?)

Otherwise you'll just have to wait until you receive your green card.

If you're really serious about joining & are willing to wait then now is a good time to start preparing your body & mind. Get into a good physical training habit & study for the ASVAB. Physical requirements for the Armed Forces & ASVAB study guides along with practice tests can be found on the web.

Use this time to better your chances of getting into the Army while making it easier on yourself once you're in.
Thats a good point, I read that paperwork for citizanship and green cards gets fastracked if the applicant is gonna go military....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"