armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 02-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Private First Class

Default Can someone please explain what its like in infantry?

Im thinking about joining and going into the infantry. Can someone give me a brief description of the training process after bootcamp. What are the physical requirments and what do you need to score on the ASVAB?

If I dont neccisarily want to be on the front lines, but still want to help out in Iraq, what other jobs are available?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Private First Class

Can someone at least explain what the combat arms are?

Old 03-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Private

Send a message via AIM to mchilds

well I don't know about other people but here we make fun of people in infantry. Usually the people who scorest lowest on the ASVAB go into infantry.

4 jobs you don't want:
1. infantry
2. cook
3. POL aka fuel handler
4. Truck driver

Old 03-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Some loser that isn't even in the military makes fun of the infantry? lol And worse, she's a military wife .. that's pretty pathetic, young lady.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Private

Send a message via AIM to mchilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacky
Some loser that isn't even in the military makes fun of the infantry? lol And worse, she's a military wife .. that's pretty pathetic, young lady.
Well, I'm not a loser if for some reason it makes you feel better calling me go for it. And yes I do make fun of the infantry because they are ground pounders. I guess someone has got to do that job ,though.

&not that it matters nor will you ever believe me but my husband wrote that reply. Do you honestly think I know what a POL is? Uhh,, noo.

Old 03-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchilds
Well, I'm not a loser if for some reason it makes you feel better calling me go for it. And yes I do make fun of the infantry because they are ground pounders. I guess someone has got to do that job ,though.

&not that it matters nor will you ever believe me but my husband wrote that reply. Do you honestly think I know what a POL is? Uhh,, noo.
Ah I see then. Well, that tells me what type of wannabe your husband is then. Never mind, can't very well chastise the mentally challenged.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Recruit

Wink Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchilds

I'm a ground pounder, grunt and any other so called name you or your husband has for the INFANTRY and I just returned from Iraq. You are right someone has to do the job. A war can not show results or be won without boots on the ground making critical decisions and reacting in heroic ways to win in a horrific situation. These decisions are made by the youngest E-1's right out AIT in the Infantry unlike in other MOS's. That lowest score comment you had (in your words " scorest lowest "), the Infantry is a 24/7 thinking man's job unlike other MOS's where you just sit around and waiting for instructions or directions that you call Orders or Missions. If you are not willing to walk down the streets of Samarra, Iraq, be the first person through the door on a raid of a High Value Targets house and go bullet for bullet with the enemy then keep your mouth shut, sit back and enjoy the rights, freedoms and luxuries they provide for you. One last thing an Infantry soldier would never hide behind his wife get your own log in name and some pants