armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Recruit

Default need an answer

my wife and i were looking in to joing the army. well do to the freeze they turned me down and now she is going. OUR QUESTION is How Long Does She Have To Wait to Leave For Basic After Having a Baby? Need real answers PLEASE!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Private

I would say that they'd get her out there after her 6 weeks. But for health reasons, she might want to wait a little longer than that. They send people out for basic based on when the next training starts. Basic lasts between 10 to 14 weeks. And it'll be a lot of strain on the body. Especially for someone who just had a baby. You yourself should try to get back in. If not full time active army, possibily into the National Guard. That way you'll still get to watch your child grow and be there for them and drill one weekend out of the month in addition to 2 full weeks out of the year. Being that I'm a mother of 3 and an army wife, I would advise on waiting until the child is maybe..... 5-6 months old. After having a child, its your greatest pride and joy to call yourself a parent. So take the time to build a bond. Not everyone are blessed enough to have children so cherish it and don't let joining the army blur that.
Congrats. Good Luck! God Bless.