armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Private

Default Hello!

Hello everyone! Im thinking of signing up, possibly going in for Warrant Officer for 153A - Rotary Wing Aviator. I have a bit of an issue with my discharge from that group that owns all the boats and cant figure out whether to wear white black or khaki, so that might pose a small problem with signing up (nothing as bad as an OTH, BCD or Dishonorable Discharge).

My ultimate goal is to become a firefighter, but after talking with a few of the area fire chiefs apparently my issue with the navy could also be a hindrance to my plans here as well. Im not in the best shape I've ever been in either, but I can train up to and surpass where I once was. Im hoping that joining up will provide a way to improve my physical fitness (obviously it will) but also that it will prove the Navy wrong and get this damn discharge status overwritten with one that is more favorable to myself and my goals.

I'll post specifics on my problem later, in the meantime I plan to surf these forums and get to know people.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:32 AM
Brigadier General

Hello former Squid Nilrem. I hope you can get you discharge problems straightend out. I hear that waivers are getting harder to get. Your only recourse is to see a Recruiter & let him worry about it. He might be able to get yopu a waiver to let you enlist in the Army but possibly not in the Waarant Officer Flight Program.

If your ultimate goal is to become a Firefighter then why not try for MOS 21M, Firefighter? You might have an easier time enlisting. I don't know.

You first goal is to get back in shape. Start you PT program today. The Army is a little more physical than the Navy.

MSG Glenn (former EN1(SS)(DV), USS Chopper (SS342) & UDT-21), a 6-year squid, 21 year soldier)
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Private

I would love to go 21M, but Ive heard that it is the hardest MOS to get into due to lack of open spots. I'll see if it is available.

As for the waiver, we'll see. The discharge troubles come from the fact that I didnt tell the Navy about some things from 16 years ago, when I was 9. There's a whole nice long story about how they happened to find out about it, but I dont have time to type it right now.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:44 PM
General of the Armies

Good luck with the Nilrem.. great to see your finally seeing the light and going blue to green... Army Doggs Rule!!...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"