Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
It was put how it was put....He/She should be more careful how they word things because it sounded VERY condescending to me....anyway ...stay in your own lane voice
I agree with both points, J. It sounded extremely condescending and when three people take it that way, there must be a reason why.

And Voice, there's no need to bump heads at every turn.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Recruit

How is voice "bumping heads"? He put in his opinion (which by coincidence is the correct one) just like everyone else. I think you have to be a bit sensitive to have taken my reply so personal. I even said "Thanks " in my reply...

Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus View Post
I'm not quite sure why my reply was considered rude and condescending? All I said was I was just looking for a reply from someone that was recently gone through it. I appreciate the link you replied with, but It didn't answer ANY of my questions.. It was VERY vague and I was looking for more in depth answers. Yes ArmyGirls reply was helpful and much appreciated.

BTW, I didn't expect/ask anyone to drop anything and help me. I simple came on a message board designed for these exact kind of questions and asked them. That is all. If that bothered you, perhaps you're just a little to sensitive.
Yes Im very sensitive....Im glad you cleared it up for me...I obviously got how your response was meant wrong....but for condescending was how it came across...There has been a lot of that recently

We will make a deal......I will be be careful how I interprete posts....as long as you be careful how you word them......deal?
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 01-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Yes Im very sensitive
Tissues are right here if you need them, buddy!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateralus View Post
I'm not quite sure why my reply was considered rude and condescending? All I said was I was just looking for a reply from someone that was recently gone through it. I appreciate the link you replied with, but It didn't answer ANY of my questions.. It was VERY vague and I was looking for more in depth answers. Yes ArmyGirls reply was helpful and much appreciated.

BTW, I didn't expect/ask anyone to drop anything and help me. I simple came on a message board designed for these exact kind of questions and asked them. That is all. If that bothered you, perhaps you're just a little to sensitive.
i would try not to talk to a Master Sergeant that way at anytime he has earned his rank and the respect that comes with it even on a message board. it would seem rude to others and him because like he said most people that have gone in recently dont have a lot of time to talk on message boards because of deployment and training. i dont know who will frequent this board first that will have that specific knowledge within the past year. if you wait until november i'll let you know how it is at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri.

oh and btw have you been to goarmy.com? they have online recruiter who can help you with questions as well

Old 01-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Recruit

The kid just came to an internet forum and asked some questions. No reason to pull out customs and courtesies on him, drive on.