armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 03-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Recruit

Default Pictures

I have a quick question. My friend went to boot camp at Fort Sill on Feb 18th. I have read on some of the threads that they post pictures on Fort Sill's website. I have looked on the site and did not find any pictures. Where actually are the pictures posted and when?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Brigadier General

The only picture my son has of basic is his class picture.. The same is true for Ranger School. Nice pictures taken by a professional photographer . A bit pricey but nice.

Some Drill Sgts. will post pictures of their recruits during their training for the parents to access. That's a good idea.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool Action shots.....

This why you bring your cell phone to bct.When you get rewared. It makes for some great unit pixs with your cell phone....

Spc. Nightflyer. Spec 4 Mafia.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Second Lieutenant

My son did his basic at Ft Benning, they had a website parents could access with pictures of training. some units did a better job than others of keeping it up, but we did manage to find the picture of the back of his head with his name on his cap. They also had DVD's available at parents weekend and graduation for a small donation to what I think was probably the FRG now that I know what that is. I got a letter from his commander with all of the information. It was pretty cool.

Now I search DVIDShub.com for pics of our guys in action. I actually found him a couple of weeks ago. Makes a mama proud.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:54 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool Best Bang for the Buck.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txmom42 View Post
My son did his basic at Ft Benning, they had a website parents could access with pictures of training. some units did a better job than others of keeping it up, but we did manage to find the picture of the back of his head with his name on his cap. They also had DVD's available at parents weekend and graduation for a small donation to what I think was probably the FRG now that I know what that is. I got a letter from his commander with all of the information. It was pretty cool.

Now I search DVIDShub.com for pics of our guys in action. I actually found him a couple of weeks ago. Makes a mama proud.
Your a good mom but Im a bad boy...Your story is solid... "We got all the good stuff". We're Army all the way. All of us...My mom & pop and my brothers & my sister... Im the only one out of the family to sit down the day of graduation and actually take the time and show leadership skills and have my portrait done in my class A's...."Priceless". I payed for it...

The wall of honor back home is complete with our Army Awards & our sports trophy show case and in the center "of it all" sit's my portrait....Totally worth it...."Priceless.".....

My brothers are older and have their own families to worry about.. But when they come home they always look back...and break my balls and say. Nightflyer, you took the smart time out in the day of your graduation and showed some style....And yes....The CD's are Like MSG Glenn said, pricey but nice....and totally worth it...Rock on Txmom. You got style.....Stay Proud. Always.

Spc. Nightflyer. Spc. 4 Mafia.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.