Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
He is in Fort Leonard Wood, and yes he is to home for christmas. That is what he papers say. He gets out of Basic on the 17th and Starts AIT on the Jan 7th o8

I hope that is right. As long as everything goes right, that is the way it is to be.

mtomom
You could sign him out (pick him up) or he can sign himself out for christmas and an Army van or taxi will drop him off at the Airport and he will not have to report back for duty until after the New Year (Jan 3rd) "sharp".....I was at FT Jackson and that's what we all did....nobody stays.....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 08.....

Nightflyer. Highspeed.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
You could sign him out (pick him up) or he can sign himself out for christmas and an Army van or taxi will drop him off at the Airport and he will not have to report back for duty until after the New Year (Jan 3rd) "sharp".....I was at FT Jackson and that's what we all did....nobody stays.....

Nightflyer. Highspeed.
Black berets forever.
I'M SURE BY THEN HE'LL BE READY FOR A BREAK. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO BUT MOST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. JULIE

Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjg53 View Post
i was told that a recruit can stay there, it wont be like during regular basic, just a little laid back. it doesnt count, cause you have the option to go home, so either way, its going to be 12 weeks. ya, my day has been pretty low, but thanks for the support
THANKS FOR THE INFO.... HOPE YOU WENT OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND HAD A BLAST!!!!! JULIE

Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post

Nightflyer. Highspeed.
Black berets forever.
Yeah, it could work differently around holidays. I just know that he asked to come back between the times and they said no they were changing his class dates... so he could go early. But the class dates didn't change - they just flew him out right after graduation. We had two minutes after grad to say goodbye and the whole group was boarding the bus to head to AIT. Oh well, it worked well for us and I am glad he didn't have to do Christmas away then.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE(MOM) View Post
I'M SURE BY THEN HE'LL BE READY FOR A BREAK. THANK YOU FOR THE INFO BUT MOST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. JULIE
Exactly, I felt bad for the guys whose parents couldn't (or wouldn't) come for BCT family day. They didn't get off posts passes (in their group - maybe it depends on the Drill for what their allowed to do). I wanted to adopt them all, but NOT REALLY cause I wanted/needed some ALONE time with my hubby! ROFL

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 10-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomom View Post
My sons paper work says 9 weeks. What we were told so that Basic is going back to 12 weeks but most have not changed yet. After Nov. 2nd it will go to 12 but for now it is 9. Not sure if that is right or not. You can pull up the base and the unit and it will list the schedule that he is following. I did that on monday, but my sons is not posted yet he just got there.
I believe you are incorrect. Basic USED to be 10 weeks. It is now 9 weeks, but since we are having problems with people not being able to pass their PT tests, it's going back to 10 weeks.

Old 10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Second Lieutenant

All i can say is consider yourselves lucky. Bubba went straight from Benning to Lewis and is on his way to Iraq in less than 3 weeks. I haven't seen him since Family weekend in July, and won't until if and when he gets R&R. Tough times for the control freak mom. Hanging in there though, trying not to drive him crazy before he leaves. I was emailing and texting him daily and he told me I had to start weaning myself. I try to focus on other things, like the kids that are still under the roof. You know how teenagers love to be focused on!

Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 AM
Staff Sergeant

Well he left and my daughter moved in and she has a daughter, I guess you know where that is going. But it will be ok. I miss alot and I know that he is going to be ok no atter what..

I know that when he gets home he will be glad to see his wife and then me..

Old 10-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Second Lieutenant

Yep! Sounds familiar. I have a 13, 16(as of today) and an 18 year old at home. Never a dull moment. I miss him but I know he is where he wants to be, and I am so proud of him for making the decision to enlist.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIE(MOM) View Post
THANKS FOR THE INFO.... HOPE YOU WENT OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND HAD A BLAST!!!!! JULIE
didnt go out yet, just had a relaxing fire out back and just had some time to myself, were having a halloween party at my house this weekend and some ppl from my dads unit are gonna come up, we will have some fun then!