armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Military Hardware, Gear and Technology
User Name
Password

Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Oh No! You got into the whole New Orleans thing! I have already proven that the Pershing was more than a match against the Tiger.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
Well, considering that I swore into the United States Army, shows just a little initiative and function.

So because we listened to experts in the field, all Americans are Fascists?

My Grandparents didn't have a car since they flew down. They payed $4.50 for a bus ride out of the city.

And finally I am paying income taxes from my job.
Well change your details then Walter Mitty. It says you are a 17 year old pip sqeek in college/ Uni what ever

Old 10-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. hister View Post
Well change your details then Walter Mitty. It says you are a 17 year old pip sqeek in college/ Uni what ever
You can enlist at 17 with parental consent. I put down that I go to prep school. I am 17 as it is possible to pay income tax if you make over 10,000 a year even as a minor.

I bet that little attack played over better in your head, didn't it?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Oh No! You got into the whole New Orleans thing! I have already proven that the Pershing was more than a match against the Tiger.
You're an insulting little man that doesn't know his place. Now if you don't mind I was talking facts not propaganda. So that kind of rules you out of this debate about quality German tanks doesn't it?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Colonel

A M46 Pershing took on a destroyed 3 "superior" tanks! How is that propoganda. I'm saying that an American piece of armor is quality. The fact that you can't handle the fact that your precious Third Reich wasn't the best shows just how mature you are.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. hister View Post
The panzerkampfwagen VI was the most powerful tank of WW2 and if not for allied air superiority would have smashed the Normandy landings. It would have done this with its superior 88 field gun that could penetrate any allied tank . Making the Sherman look like something made in Lego land. Also the armour was superior against any allied tank. Frequently the allied tanks would shoot and hit the Tiger with no effect. But alas the allies had domination of the skies and so our armour was smashed from above. If not for this factor Normandy would definately have fallen to the Wehrmacht.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWCveR-bT8o&mode=related&search="]Tiger video [/URL]

I try to be factual at all times and speak only of the equipment and its superiority
My knowledge of the Tiger was it was an offensive tank but quite formidable if site in a good killing ground. That 88 devasted the British tanks during OP Goodwood. From a point of production though it was too complicated.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
A M46 Pershing took on a destroyed 3 "superior" tanks! How is that propoganda. I'm saying that an American piece of armor is quality. The fact that you can't handle the fact that your precious Third Reich wasn't the best shows just how mature you are.
The Pershing was good but was still playing catchup technology wise and did not influence events on the western front. Because there weren't enough of them.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajit krachuk View Post
The Pershing was good but was still playing catchup technology wise and did not influence events on the western front. Because there weren't enough of them.
Exactly, along with the Tiger, they didn't play a defining role. The Medium tank dominated armored warfare.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Command Sergeant Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajit krachuk View Post
My knowledge of the Tiger was it was an offensive tank but quite formidable if site in a good killing ground. That 88 devasted the British tanks during OP Goodwood. From a point of production though it was too complicated.
The Panther was a better all rounder and far superior to anything on the allied side. The panther could actually fire while moving. No other tank could do this at that time. The allies stole this technology after Gemany was defeated.

The Tiger was a huge psycological weapon. Allied tankers would turn tail if they knew one was in the vercinity

Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Sergeant

Quote:
Exactly, along with the Tiger, they didn't play a defining role. The Medium tank dominated armored warfare.
The Tiger was a terror weapon. You are right the P IV and P V were Germanies work horses.