armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Enlistment Information
User Name
Password

Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Private

Smile Army Ranger sign up

I am looking to join the Army Rangers in 5 years. That is a year after I graduate from high school.I would like to know the rquierments and pay. Thanks Alot!

Old 09-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Brigadier General

As you've got some time to go before enlistment I can't foresee what the requirements will be at that time. I can only tell you to get in good physical shape. Do a lot of running, pushups, situps & pull ups. When running go for maximum distance & speed. Also get comfortable in the water. There'll most likely be a swim test fully clothed & combat boots on. The Instructors will check for any signs of panic.

When you're ready to enlist get an 11x/Airborne/Option 40 contract. There are other MOSs other than Infantry (11x) that will allow you to sign up for the 75th Ranger Regiment.That's almost the only way to get into Rangers.
What'll happen after getting shipped out is you'll attend Basic training & Infantry School, run together as one school called OSUT, One Station Unit Training. Upon completion you'll go to Airborne School & earn your parachute wings. Then they'll send you to RIP, Ranger Indoctrination Program. When you graduate from that course you'll get to wear the tan beret & you'll be assigned to one of the 3 Ranger Battalions. Your squad leader & other Rangers in your unit will train you so you'll be able to function as a Ranger at your skill level.
After about a year they'll send you to Ranger School. It lasts about 62 days in 3 phases, all very demanding physically & mentally. When you graduate you'll be able to wear the Ranger tab on your left shoulder. Then you can get into leadership positions.

I hope this helps somewhat. When you're about to graduate from H.S. then start checking on what the requirements are at that time. You can enlist in the Delayed Entry Program, DEP & stay home for up to a year before shipping out. Don't accept anything other than an Option 40 contract if you really want to be a Ranger!

MSG Glenn
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Like Master Sergeant Said, exercise a whole lot, but make sure you eat right as well, whole grains, lean cuts of meat, and a lot of fibers: vegetables and fruit.

Do you plan on going to college?

Old 09-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Private

Default Thanks

Thanks alot guys.For all your help.