armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #41  
Old 01-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Its not surprising that you thought that . Because there's quite literally no info on them hardly .The SBS is an independent unit of the Royal Marines and is based with 1 Assault Group Royal Marines and the British Army's 148 Commando Forward Observation Battery in Poole, Dorset.To be eligible for SBS selection, a candidate must have at least two years regular service. Formerly candidates were from the Royal Marines or the Royal Navy, but now volunteers are taken from any arm of the services. In order to qualify as a Swimmer Canoeist, Candidates must first undergo Special Forces Selection with the SAS before continuing to SBS selection

Thats very Cool Spike... Its always great to see SF units so close to home who know how to keep out of the media and movie limelight... quietly going about their duties which they will never be thanked (nor paid enough) for, but their country needs each and every day to survive..... well my hat goes of to them... awesome!!..
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #42  
Old 01-16-2007, 09:21 AM
..::HaK[SaBaHiNhO]K3R::.. ..::HaK[SaBaHiNhO]K3R::.. is offline
Recruit
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1
Thumbs down Noooo I Don'T Believe

Hello

The Best Army Power Was
IRAQi Resistance Army
Reply With Quote

  #43  
Old 01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::HaK[SaBaHiNhO]K3R::.. View Post
Hello

The Best Army Power Was
IRAQi Resistance Army

What!!... Thats like saying the best burger is a MacDonalds Burger!!... Forgive me if dont take your word for it!!...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #44  
Old 01-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Spike's Avatar
Spike Spike is offline
Brigadier General
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Its very nice thank U
Posts: 2,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::HaK[SaBaHiNhO]K3R::.. View Post
Hello

The Best Army Power Was
IRAQi Resistance Army
An army of back stabbers and cowards . Yeh great army
__________________
The peasant bourgeoisie and their self righteous inclinations are the wests cancer!
Reply With Quote

  #45  
Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 AM
jrj100's Avatar
jrj100 jrj100 is offline
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::HaK[SaBaHiNhO]K3R::.. View Post
Hello

The Best Army Power Was
IRAQi Resistance Army
Your joking right........yeah tatical masters.....
__________________
One day President Roosevelt told me that he was asking publicly for suggestions about what the war should be called. I said at once 'The Unnecessary War'.
Sir Winston Churchill, Second World War (1948)
Reply With Quote

  #46  
Old 05-28-2007, 05:49 PM
devildog_323's Avatar
devildog_323 devildog_323 is offline
Private First Class
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Royal Marine Commandos are SOF, US Marines are well trained conventional Soldiers, easily on Par with UK regulars.

Never call a Marine a soldier
Reply With Quote

  #47  
Old 05-28-2007, 06:06 PM
devildog_323's Avatar
devildog_323 devildog_323 is offline
Private First Class
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibil1944 View Post
Well really i think that the UK forces are more agressive in some way, if we make the tech and numbers of units, airplanes, tanks, and gear sure the US is better, but the UK have very good compromised soldiers their training is very hard and savage. Im not saying that the US army has no good training because they got but i think that the UK gets this place in one of the most aggresive army an army thats have been in war for a lots of centuries so that counts eh, the US is more a technological army when the UK uses tech to but dont need it for making a great job.

More aggressive? How, and in what way? Give me some evidence to prove that...without mentioning all the wars they have been in and the experience they have, because all that was years ago when the dinosaurs were still here..lol

I agree they do got more grueling training when it comes to becoming a soldier, but in every military there is, they never stop training. All soldiers are trained to do the samething.

the US is more a technological army when the UK uses tech to but dont need it for making a great job???

I think that was an ignorant thing to say and disrespectful. If the US didn't have the technology they have right now, their training would've been at much higher standards than it is right now. You are saying that the UK Army doesn't need the technology the US has to do a good job..that to me sounds like you are saying US soldiers aren't good.

The fact of the matter is:
*The UK Army has better training because they don't have the technology that the US has.
*The US Army has better technology which is why they don't have long/tougher training.

It pretty much evens out..don't you think?

Last edited by devildog_323; 05-28-2007 at 06:23 PM..
Reply With Quote

  #48  
Old 05-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog_323 View Post
Never call a Marine a soldier
Why not??... They do soldier right!!.....
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #49  
Old 05-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Exo1's Avatar
Exo1 Exo1 is offline
General of the Armies
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland (Ex Irish Army)
Posts: 10,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog_323 View Post
More aggressive? How, and in what way? Give me some evidence to prove that...without mentioning all the wars they have been in and the experience they have, because all that was years ago when the dinosaurs were still here..lol

I agree they do got more grueling training when it comes to becoming a soldier, but in every military there is, they never stop training. All soldiers are trained to do the samething.

the US is more a technological army when the UK uses tech to but dont need it for making a great job???

I think that was an ignorant thing to say and disrespectful. If the US didn't have the technology they have right now, their training would've been at much higher standards than it is right now. You are saying that the UK Army doesn't need the technology the US has to do a good job..that to me sounds like you are saying US soldiers aren't good.

The fact of the matter is:
*The UK Army has better training because they don't have the technology that the US has.
*The US Army has better technology which is why they don't have long/tougher training.

It pretty much evens out..don't you think?
I dont buy the arguement that technology makes up for training... the Israeli Defence Forces has the best equipment second only to the states, and they are a shambles... why?... cos they got arrogant and complacent on the legacy of past victories... Its fact that the wizard, not the wand makes the majic... UK Army is better trained as individual soldiers cos like the Irish, they are multiskilled from Basic.... US Army soldier is largely uniskilled in speciality thus his syllabus is narrower... the size and tactics of their army allow for this.. you may find this changing under Petraous as multiskilled soldiers are in great demand in the US now.. That said, pitch the US army against anything out there, and they will at the very least hold their own... British Army dont have those numbers.... but do have the goods when it comes down to unit fighting.. no doubt...
__________________
"Barrel High, Powder Dry!"

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"
Reply With Quote

  #50  
Old 05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Rock-Steady Rock-Steady is offline
First Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
US Army soldier is largely uniskilled in speciality thus his syllabus is narrower...
...on the contrary, U.S. soldiers are perhaps better trained at a given skill because the focus is narrower.

Your argument suggests versatility among the UK troop, nothing more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. Armyreal.com is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.