armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 05-19-2005, 09:52 AM
tapruitt

Unhappy My girl and I need some help....

Hello to all viewing this message. I know it is long but please take time to read this cause I need help. Well my name is Tamika and I am new to the army's forum. But my girl left Memphis, TN on the 5th of May for basic training, but now there is a problem. Okay when she applied to go to the army she told her recruiter (Sgt. Kevin Harris) that she had 2 traffic tickets and he said they wasn't showing in there computer. So she showed him and 2 other Sgts (Sgt. Howard & Sgt. Peete) a copy of the tickets, they both told her don't worry about it they could have them dismissed because one of the councilmen here is Sgt. Peete's uncle. I told her don't listen to them to wait until the court days were over, but she trusted them and went to basic anyway thinking that they would keep their word. I called them everyday so they could not forget and finally Monday May 16,2005 one of the highest ranked Sgt told me that they had taken care of them. So I did like her and trusted them also, which was a bad a.. mistake. Yesterday was one of the court days and I went on the criminal justice center website just to make sure they did what they was suppose to, but I found out they didn't now there is a bench warrant out for her arrest. I called them and they lied and said they took care of it then when I told Sgt.Kevin Harris I had the warrant number nobody seemed to know what to do then. But they told me when I write her don't tell her about the bench warrant. Now I need to know is there any advice or help anyone can give me to help my baby. I don't want her to come home after 5 long months in September then have to go do 10 days for contmpt of court. Should I go to an higher army official and tell them the story and see could they help, because everyone in the army know that you are not suppose to enlist nobody into the service if they have active legal matters. Somebody anybody that have any advice please I am begging you to help me.

Last edited by tapruitt; 05-19-2005 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Left something off

Old 05-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Recruit

Exclamation Just be patient

The ARMY's system is extrememly slow due to the war on terrorisim. Paper work can sometimes take months to process. All they care about is getting the soldier in, she should be ok. So dont worry if anything, the army will help her out.

Je