armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 09-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Recruit

Cool Christmas?

Hi there i'm leaving for basic as soon as I get my waiver and re-process, should take 5-6 weeks i was told. But at this point I don't believe **** they tell me But anyways let's say i leave In November, do they just stop your Basic for christmas? Cuz that will suck... to have time off then go back to basic. It's 14 weeks total at Ft.Benning I believe.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFaNtRy63 View Post
Hi there i'm leaving for basic as soon as I get my waiver and re-process, should take 5-6 weeks i was told. But at this point I don't believe **** they tell me But anyways let's say i leave In November, do they just stop your Basic for christmas? Cuz that will suck... to have time off then go back to basic. It's 14 weeks total at Ft.Benning I believe.

I had summer training in basic, but had the pleasure of being in an OP on Xmass eve once in 10 inches of water watching the border... So I can sympathise..... dont worry lad... make a man of ya!!....haha!!... always wanted to use that phrase, as it was used on me so often in the past.... Good luck with it...

Old 09-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

The Army pays for your flight to bct and your Ait training and back home or to your unit.. Christmas time you can stay or pay your own way home and back again. If you decide to stay it's two weeks by yourself doing pt training with your ds. I just might see you down there. Good luck dude..
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Second Lieutenant

Default hmm

Well personally id stay just because after two weeks of PT your gonna be far ahead of all the other people in your unit.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:42 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm001847' View Post
Well personally id stay just because after two weeks of PT your gonna be far ahead of all the other people in your unit.
Fair enough man, but from my own training, once the leave passes were signed by the officer, it was like we all became boinic men, we ran out of the place so quick..... with two things on our mind... women and drink!!!... not neccessarily in that order!!...

Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Recruit

Thanks, I guess if I ge the option to go home ore stay I will stay, just due to the fact 2 weeks off in the middle of training will make me lazy. Who's going to run when there back at home with friends chilling?

Old 09-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Private

Send a message via AIM to 11Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFaNtRy63 View Post
Thanks, I guess if I ge the option to go home ore stay I will stay, just due to the fact 2 weeks off in the middle of training will make me lazy. Who's going to run when there back at home with friends chilling?
Hey man
I went to Frt Benning last year in the winter, I got christmas break but they made every one go, there was no choice. Its good an bad, the bad is you get lazy an they take the leave days from you an it takes along time to get them back, I finally got mine back last month. Just givin u a heads up

good man its not that hard, just keep your head in the game

Mess with the best...Die like the rest