armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Army.com General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password

Old 08-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Recruit

Default waiver???

I have a question for someone who has the answer lol, ummm How hard is it getting a waiver??? I got fraud enlistment 6 months ago and I will be eligible on Sept3rd to process again, they said I lied about my charge but I have certified letter from the state to prove my charge was dropped to tresspassing ..which is what I told the recruiter but at the time all they saw was the initial charge i was arrested with. I guess the letter would of helped 6 months ago but I just got it all fixed 2 days ago and my new recruiter ( i moved in last 6 months) says it's still a 50% chance?? My MOS was 11x and I thought the army was dying for people, so I figure they should give me a waiver since i got the letter and since they need people to go infantry?? but I want to know what someone else thinks?

Ps--- I am 20yrs old the charge was when I was 13!

Last edited by Ware63; 08-25-2006 at 05:22 PM..

Old 08-26-2006, 06:47 AM
General of the Armies

Nearly every western nation state has a minor rule.. you get a clean slate as an adult.... I would enquire further, but from my non American viewpoint, you should be ok.... Rock, wanna weigh in on this one?...

Old 08-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Private

Default waiver

In the army there is a waiver for damn near everything. I got a waiver for a D felony so I am sure you could get one too.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Recruit

If my dumbass recruiter would of got this letter that i had to get myself 6 months ago I wouldn't of got fraud enlistment. I'm eligible next week so thats the end of the 6 month wait, and my new recruiter sendin me up to MEPS to process yet again so Hopefully all goes well and I hopefully get an airborne slot, might of got screwed out of my $20,000 bonus I had 6 months ago! I just wanted to see what someone else thought, as far as everyone telling me since i got the letter to prove my charge was dropped I should be good. They changed the Max age, allowed tattoo's on the hands and neck but yet my " so called lying" is holding me back, crazy. Atleast i got proof now I wasnt lying

And as far as getting a clean slate goes, It will always show up on the FBI check regardless if u were 2yrs old or 40yrs old. My check with police department came back clean I believe but wasn't hiding anything, why would i lie? I'm not stupid. It boils down to my recruiter not getting the right paper from the right people.

Last edited by Ware63; 08-26-2006 at 02:46 PM..

Old 08-28-2006, 12:58 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware63 View Post
If my dumbass recruiter would of got this letter that i had to get myself 6 months ago I wouldn't of got fraud enlistment. I'm eligible next week so thats the end of the 6 month wait, and my new recruiter sendin me up to MEPS to process yet again so Hopefully all goes well and I hopefully get an airborne slot, might of got screwed out of my $20,000 bonus I had 6 months ago! I just wanted to see what someone else thought, as far as everyone telling me since i got the letter to prove my charge was dropped I should be good. They changed the Max age, allowed tattoo's on the hands and neck but yet my " so called lying" is holding me back, crazy. Atleast i got proof now I wasnt lying

And as far as getting a clean slate goes, It will always show up on the FBI check regardless if u were 2yrs old or 40yrs old. My check with police department came back clean I believe but wasn't hiding anything, why would i lie? I'm not stupid. It boils down to my recruiter not getting the right paper from the right people.
Good luck with that man!!...