- Forums

Go Back Forums > General Discussions > Introduce Yourself
User Name

Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 11-16-2005, 08:26 AM
unclefester unclefester is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
Exclamation House fire has destroyed paperwork

I had a house fire that destroyed my honorable discharge papers. Does anyone know what I need to do to get another copy of these? I need it really bad right now in order to take the postal exam for the job that I would like. Thank you for any information that you could come up with.
Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Eoosg Eoosg is offline
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 8

Ask your old Adj.
Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2007, 06:02 AM
billie jo billie jo is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5

The County Courthouse Where You Live Should Have A Copy
Of These. Try The Local Va Office. Phone # Should Be
In The Blue Pages Of The Phonebook Good Luck
Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Grimm's Avatar
Grimm Grimm is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 90
Default Official Site

Uncle Fester,

Let me shed some light on the subject. You hill need to go to the National Archives website. [URL=""]Here is a link.[/URL]
How to Initiate a Request for Military Personnel Records:

1. Click on the "Request Military Records" button below to start. This will launch a separate window.

2. Enter the required information in the system to create your customized request form. There are 4 steps that you need to navigate. The system will guide you through the steps and tell you exactly which step you are on.

3. Print, sign and date the signature verification area of your customized form. If you don't have a printer, have a pen and paper handy and we will guide you through the process. This is important because the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a) requires that all requests for records and information be submitted in writing. Each request must be signed and dated by the veteran or next of kin.

4. Mail or fax your signature verification form to us, and we will process your request. You must do this within the first 20 days of entering your request, or your request will be removed from our system.
Those are the steps to follow once you go to the Archives site. The form you need is your DD-214. This is your discharge form. I hope this helps.

(This can be used if you are the next of kin of someone who has passed away also.)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" -Admiral David Farragut
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
·Contact Us   ·Legal   ·Privacy   ·Link To Us    ·Advertise With Us    ·About Us    ·Site Map     
     Copyright 2004-2019 Activv, LLC. All rights reserved. is a service provided by Activv.
This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.