armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > General Military Discussions
User Name
Password

Old 11-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
France has a terrible military and by having a terrible military they ruled one third of Africa and large chunk of S.E asia . Get real !
Do you seriously think the Roman or Mongol Empire is bigger? Do you own a map of the world?
Look at India ,Pakistan ,Bangladesh ,Burma ,Malaya ,Iraq, Palestine, Kuwait, South Africa ,Austrailia ,New Zealand ,Canada ,Figi ,Zimbabwe,Uganda,Kenya ,Egypt ,West indies ,Belize , Sierra Leone Would you like me to contiue ?

I never said it was a terrible military, I said they suffered more losses than wins. Everything they took got snatched away from them or am I wrong?

You're right on the British empire btw. I just looked into it here's the top 3. The Mongol's weren't far behind though .

1) British empire (1920): 12.5 million sq mile
2) Soviet Union(1945): 9.5 million sq miles
3) Mongol Khanate (1259): 9.3 million sq miles

Old 11-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Major General

In the late 80s a man in London by pure chance was pulled for a motoring offense by a policeman .
The policeman asked to see the mans Boot (Trunk ) Inside were explosives and weapons .He was arrested and it went to court .The man got off by saying it was a freinds car and he didn't know how the weapons got there .
Some months later the SAS Surrounded 6 IRA gunmen in a church in Northern Ireland . There was a ferocious gun battle .All the IRA gunmen were killed . The man from London being one of them !
You get my point ?

It's obvious the Judge was told to let him go in London . You can figure the rest

Old 11-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Major General

Quote:
I never said it was a terrible military, I said they suffered more losses than wins. Everything they took got snatched away from them or am I wrong?
Empires had had there day . The French were reluctant to let go . But the writing was on the wall . We had to pull back also . The colonised countries didn't want to be governed from a country 1000's of miles away , I don't blame them .

Old 11-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int

You're right on the British empire btw. I just looked into it here's the top 3. The Mongol's weren't far behind though .

1) British empire (1920): 12.5 million sq mile
2) Soviet Union(1945): 9.5 million sq miles
3) Mongol Khanate (1259): 9.3 million sq miles
Honestly not sure but fortunately that we did not fail with your ancestors for Yorktown because you would sing the God Save the Queen at the Superbowl

Old 11-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Major

Quote:
I agree, but we have to be intelligent about this . Do you not think it was an excellent way to monitor these arseholes. Dangerous,Very! But necessary .
We could have arrested the IRA leadership in the 70's . But we were playing a very cute game with them .Occasionally a bomb will go off and soldiers will get killed . But by having surveillance ,We have the control . The IRA bombing campaign would have been alot worse otherwise .

Blair's reaction was completely the opposite of a controlled game being played when the bombs rocked your subway system. And, NOW! is when further actions are being taken by your government to prevent such attacks (and they still over look certain aspects like officials not allowing police to hold suspects for over 90 days). Now is when yall want to clean up these radical groups you've allowed to take root in your country. The reaction to the attacks show's something much different than a controlled game for monitoring.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Private First Class

Quote:
So when exactly did we throw our weight around ? I'm just dying to know Einstein
Germany invades Poland and the big bad Brits declare war on Germany...whoooo,scared.
Like it did any good.Spare us the imperial might crap it never washed.

Just stick to doing what we tell you.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon
Germany invades Poland and the big bad Brits declare war on Germany...whoooo,scared.
Like it did any good.Spare us the imperial might crap it never washed.

Just stick to doing what we tell you.
OK SAS Warrior !:rolleyes

or is it the other guy ? BIG YAWN!

Last edited by Texas; 11-15-2005 at 04:48 PM..

Old 11-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by onep0int
Blair's reaction was completely the opposite of a controlled game being played when the bombs rocked your subway system. And, NOW! is when further actions are being taken by your government to prevent such attacks (and they still over look certain aspects like officials not allowing police to hold suspects for over 90 days). Now is when yall want to clean up these radical groups you've allowed to take root in your country. The reaction to the attacks show's something much different than a controlled game for monitoring.
Its never nice when the **** hits the fan . But when you choose to play the game .You have to accept the consequences. Like I said ,"its a dangerous game"
You are talking to somebody who has been through such an event . Its ugly !
But this form of warfare is predictably unpredictable.
As for the Police, they are incompetant if they cant convict somebody after 4 weeks . We happen to live in a democracy ,not a police state . What are we fighting for if we give it all away?
We never had to sacrifice our freedoms when the IRA were blowing our town and city centres away . Why change now ?

Old 11-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
OK SAS Warrior !:rolleyes

or is it the other guy ? BIG YAWN!
I have the impression that the word "france" attracts intelligent people :]

Old 11-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Major

Quote:
Its never nice when the **** hits the fan . But when you choose to play the game .You have to accept the consequences. Like I said ,"its a dangerous game"
You are talking to somebody who has been through such an event . Its ugly !
But this form of warfare is predictably unpredictable.
As for the Police, they are incompetant if they cant convict somebody after 4 weeks . We happen to live in a democracy ,not a police state . What are we fighting for if we give it all away?
We never had to sacrifice our freedoms when the IRA were blowing our town and city centres away . Why change now ?

So how does allowing the police to keep someone suspected as a terrorist for over 90 days, make you sacrifice your freedoms?