armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Support our Families
User Name
Password

Old 04-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Private First Class

You got a call? Lucky! I didn't, my husband said that every platoon but his has gotten their cell phones for an hour or more over the last few weeks. Sometimes i dont get a call until Monday, im hoping! CC when you contacted the drill sergeant how did you get through? My husband has a house and all the pipes burst thanks to the gas company hitting the line and turning it off without telling us in the middle of winter. Anyways i need to get ahold of him to find out what to do about it, but whenever i call i just get ring, ring, ring. Thanks Joslyn

Old 04-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Private First Class

Default No Call Yesterday

Hey there
No call from my son (3rd plt) but I got a letter saying that they were having a pizza party with soda and candy - too funny..they are all having withdrawls... 24 more days...Thomas said that they are getting fitted for their "greens"...pretty exciting...Has anyone heard about overnights? I have only heard from the lady at Victory Travel that it is usually Sat after they check into AIT...but the clencher is "it is up to their DS"..which DS the one from BCT or the new one at AIT? Thomas wanted to me ask someone because he is getting mixed answers.

Kim

Old 04-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslyn147 View Post
You got a call? Lucky! I didn't, my husband said that every platoon but his has gotten their cell phones for an hour or more over the last few weeks. Sometimes i dont get a call until Monday, im hoping! CC when you contacted the drill sergeant how did you get through? My husband has a house and all the pipes burst thanks to the gas company hitting the line and turning it off without telling us in the middle of winter. Anyways i need to get ahold of him to find out what to do about it, but whenever i call i just get ring, ring, ring. Thanks Joslyn

If I were you, I would try calling the Red Cross first, and finding out from them if this is something they would contact him for.... When I called, I only told them 1-13th Delta Co. ....I didn't want to use names, and I wouldn't have had they asked. I actually confirmed on another forum that the graduation date issue was something I could call about and not get anyone in trouble....and I still wouldn't give my sons name. I would have felt horrible if I had gotten my son or anyone/everyone else in trouble. And in your situation, you would have to use his name.... so try the Red Cross first and see what they say.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Private First Class

Anyone else getting mail returned undeliverable? I have been writing the address like i always do, but have been getting the mail returned. Any ideas?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Private First Class

Default Mail

J - I bet the time is getting too near to graduation..I know I read somewhere to stop sending mail about two weeks prior to graduation....I know we are a bit further out then that but who knows..that is a bummer.
20 more days!!!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Private First Class

I'm getting it returnt too...It's bloody ridiculous =(...

Old 04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Private First Class

Default Letters

Hey there,

Thomas' dad called me today and his letters have gotten returned too...Please if you talk to any of your soldiers make sure that they all know our letters are getting returned and to pass the word. I would hate to think that our kids/spouses would think we are not sending them letters.
Frustrating since I sent a calling card and I am betting my letter will be returned any day...

Old 04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Private First Class

Default Leave during AIT

hi there

What do you think my son's chances are for getting a weekend pass for his brother's high school graduation while he is in AIT. Thomas starts AIT on 5/18 at Fort Jackson and his brother's graduation is June 12th..If anyone knows anything or has experience in what Thomas should do to request it please let me know...
thanks Kim

Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Private First Class

Well im glad to hear im not the only one. In one of the letters i got my husband said that the drill sergeants told them to tell their families to not send mail after May 9th. Who knows what's going on, i guess if i start to get all my mail back i will just stop sending it. Hope we get calls this weekend!
K- about the graduation, i think it all depends on who his sergeants are. I am pregnant and due in August, Ron will still be in AIT and his recruiter told us he might not even get a pass to come back for the birth. He said they frown upon taking them out of training. I never really believe anything though because it seems you get a different answer depending on who you talk to. He will just have to ask.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Private First Class

Default Pass during AIT

J -
I called his recruiter and he will be getting 1 - 2 passes off base for the weekend only but within 50 miles. So I am thinking that CA is way more then 50 miles away ...so no coming home for a surprise visit for his brother and girlfriend.
Congrats on having a baby..is this your first? I am sorry that he wont' be home for the birth our your baby..its an amazing journey having kids, cherish your moments..my kids are 20, 19, 18, and 17..

we are days away!!