armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Military Discussions (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Homosexuals/Gay Marriage (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7465)

rainbow_xb 12-30-2008 01:27 PM

Homosexuals/Gay Marriage

I was wondering if the army recongizes gay marriage? My gf is getting ready to go to boot camp and once shes done she wants me to come live with her? Is this possible? She also has a son.

SniperAlpha1 12-30-2008 01:31 PM

I don't think that is going to work. Sorry to hear that.

rainbow_xb 12-30-2008 01:34 PM

Whats not going to work?

SniperAlpha1 12-30-2008 01:38 PM

Considering the title of your post, I assume that you are a women as well. If that isn't correct, I am very sorry.

But I don't think you housing with her will work. I'm not sure asking someone in the Army will be best either.

Your best bet is for former soldiers on here to give you an answer. So just sit tight until MSG Glenn comes on. My bet is that he's the best one to ask.

Spike 12-30-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 (Post 73511)
So just sit tight until MSG Glenn comes on. My bet is that he's the best one to ask.

Yeh, I'm sure he could put a firing squad together!:rolleyes:

MSG Glenn 12-30-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 73515)

:DGood one, Spike!:D You've been in great form as of late. I am impressed!!

The Army does not recognize gay marriages or even gays at this time. It's still a "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy. That simply means that if she admits it she'll be discharged nor can anyone in her leadership ask her what her status is in those regards.

She'll have to keep her mouth shut.

scconwill 12-30-2008 02:12 PM

I'm going out on a limb and say this. I'm not a big fan of Homosexuality I practice the Gay Away theory. I'm going to give you girlfriend some sound advice Out of Sight Out of Mind.

scconwill 12-30-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 73515)

Yea I feel she is probing in the wrong place for this kind of info.:rolleyes:

SniperAlpha1 12-30-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scconwill (Post 73522)
I'm going out on a limb and say this. I'm not a big fan of Homosexuality I practice the Gay Away theory. I'm going to give you girlfriend some sound advice Out of Sight Out of Mind.

Hold on there, Chief. Gay away is bull****. That's a fact. How many people have come out "cured and happy?"

I don't want to start a debate about homosexuality, but it isn't a choice nor something that can be cured like a disease. I just want to go on record to say that its proven that it is a natural alteration in the body's chemistry that effects sexual identity.

Is it bad for the military to bar that...that's a slippery slope I'm still not sure about.

MSG said what I was waiting to. The will discharge your girlfriend if you bring it up.

scconwill 12-30-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 (Post 73525)
Hold on there, Chief. Gay away is bull****. That's a fact. How many people have come out "cured and happy?"

I don't want to start a debate about homosexuality, but it isn't a choice nor something that can be cured like a disease. I just want to go on record to say that its proven that it is a natural alteration in the body's chemistry that effects sexual identity.

Is it bad for the military to bar that...that's a slippery slope I'm still not sure about.

MSG said what I was waiting to. The will discharge your girlfriend if you bring it up.

I'm just saying be as gay as you want just do it away from me. hell i don't give a dam if you go off and get married and have kids more power to you, but just don't come around me. I know its not some disease, but all the gay people I have ever meat are pushy with there ideals.