armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Armies of the World (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Can Norwegians Join the Us army? (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7934)

Steezer 02-22-2009 02:49 PM

Can Norwegians Join the Us army?
 
Hey to everyone,
Do you guys know how to apply for the Us army? do i need a special education or some special requirements?

torspo[fin] 02-22-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steezer (Post 75930)
Hey to everyone,
Do you guys know how to apply for the Us army? do i need a special education or some special requirements?

why?


well one would need a greencard (+various checks) and thats about it what i hear.
but one's current military rank wouldn't count
one would end up doing the basics all over again..

so why?

Humble Pie 02-23-2009 02:38 AM

It doesn't matter why.

IMO your first point of contact should be the US Army recruiting website and secondly, speak to a recruiter by voice or email.

They're the experts and will be able to steer you onto the right path.

Good luck if you go ahead with it pal.

Steezer 02-23-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humble Pie (Post 75957)
It doesn't matter why.

IMO your first point of contact should be the US Army recruiting website and secondly, speak to a recruiter by voice or email.

They're the experts and will be able to steer you onto the right path.

Good luck if you go ahead with it pal.

thanks a lot :) i'll look into that. :D the norwegian army is inda laid back and dull, compared to the american

MSG Glenn 02-23-2009 10:21 AM

The only way you'll be allowed to enlist in the US Military, any branch, is to have a Green Card which shows that you're a legal resident. You'll have to research how to go about it but I believe you have to have a sponsor & a job waiting for you before you're allowed to get over here. Once you have the green card you'll be allowed to enlist & the Army has an accelerated program to become a citizen. Once you're a US citizen you'll be allowed to get a security clearance & go into an MOS that requires one.

Good luck & thanks for inquiring.

Nilrem 02-24-2009 07:35 AM

I think it's awesome you want to join the US Army. Best of luck in your efforts! :cool:

REB 02-24-2009 07:37 AM

If you go to uscis.gov you will find any and all information you need.

Exo1 02-28-2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG Glenn (Post 75974)
The only way you'll be allowed to enlist in the US Military, any branch, is to have a Green Card which shows that you're a legal resident. You'll have to research how to go about it but I believe you have to have a sponsor & a job waiting for you before you're allowed to get over here. Once you have the green card you'll be allowed to enlist & the Army has an accelerated program to become a citizen. Once you're a US citizen you'll be allowed to get a security clearance & go into an MOS that requires one.

Good luck & thanks for inquiring.

Great advice, green card or citizanship apply... Good luck on the Green Card...

Regards
Exo..


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.