armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Basic Training (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   1-1-1 Assessment (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6289)

brian.winkler 06-05-2008 11:42 AM

1-1-1 Assessment
 
I am planning on joining the Army in November time frame. I have been doing situps, pushups, and running everyday, however, the one thing I cannot locate are the standards for the 1-1-1 assessment that I will take a reception that say whether I can go to BCT or further training. I would liketo know what to shoot for so that I may exceed these goals. I have found some resources, buth they are so different that I need to be sure, any help is much appreciated.

Tacky 06-05-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian.winkler (Post 62253)
I am planning on joining the Army in November time frame. I have been doing situps, pushups, and running everyday, however, the one thing I cannot locate are the standards for the 1-1-1 assessment that I will take a reception that say whether I can go to BCT or further training. I would liketo know what to shoot for so that I may exceed these goals. I have found some resources, buth they are so different that I need to be sure, any help is much appreciated.

You should shoot for maxing the regular Army PT test and not worry about the assesment at all. If you can pass the APFT, nothing else matters.

Gunbunny13 06-05-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

You should shoot for maxing the regular Army PT test and not worry about the assesment at all. If you can pass the APFT, nothing else matters.
Aint that the truth. This is one of the areas where the Army and I disagree. I would rather have 5 slightly overweight knowledgeable and experienced soldiers than 10 300 PT heroes that don't know the muzzle break from a breach of a cannon.
But Tacky is right score 300 on every PT test you ever take and nothing else matters.

Nightflyer 06-05-2008 05:29 PM

Top notch advice..By Tacky and Gunbunny..I have something to add. If I may. For me it's 300 % and beyond. Stay focused and be sharp..."The Right Attitude". Learn everything and take it all in...one step at a time right now..Think Army! Right here Right Now. P/T training is huge...Keep it simple but work hard it helps you physically and mentally. Work on being tough..

Get your packing list duffle bag ready..Work with soldier's and do it for free..You'll learn alot hanging around the recruiters office and meeting recruits / soldier's in your area. You might even know a few..Oh, I left on Nov 6th...I remember hearing an old "Nam" song about Leaving in November. It's cool. Work on being the soldier who gets it done. Infantry Training is one of the most important and basic components of being a soldier. Stay proud Stay Army. Good luck recruit.

Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assault.
Black berets forever.

Tacky 06-06-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunbunny13 (Post 62256)
Aint that the truth. This is one of the areas where the Army and I disagree. I would rather have 5 slightly overweight knowledgeable and experienced soldiers than 10 300 PT heroes that don't know the muzzle break from a breach of a cannon.
But Tacky is right score 300 on every PT test you ever take and nothing else matters.


As far as the assessment goes, nothing does matter but scoring high on the APFT. Attempting to do well on nothing but the assessment requirements is a waste of time, it's trying for the minimum and trying for the minimum ends up screwing oneself over.

I don't know how it is on your side of the Army, I've never been there .. the conventional Army is laughable to me in a lot of ways. However, in big boy land, your physical fitness is just as important as your technical and tactical knowledge. I don't want some slightly overweight, knowledgeable and experienced soldier .. I want a soldier that has pride enough in himself to excell in ALL areas .. not a half *** one.

Nightflyer 06-06-2008 02:42 PM

Exactly! You'll find no "Black Hat" ever being out of shape no matter how big they are... One day soon. I'm heading over to your side. That's were I need to be. When I'm done with school and back from any future deployments. Im going active..I'm going Airborne.. I'm going SOF..I'm already on the right road. It's just a matter of time and patience. Whatever "it takes" and no matter how long ..I'm coming over. I'll carry my girlfriends mother on my back the rest of my days before I mess up ..I've already made my career choice and making the best of my chance. I'm taking advantage of my opportunity.Thanxs, boss...


Spc. ~ Nightflyer ~ Spec 4 Mafia
Army Aviation Air Assault.
Black berets forever.

brian.winkler 06-06-2008 02:48 PM

Wow, thank you so much guys, that helps so much...I just took the ASVAB this week and below are the line scores and overall. I am so pumped at this point, I want to finish the basement in our house early so I can ship out sooner!!! I guess they are good scores from what I have heard and been told by my recruiter???

Overall score was 85
GT: 125
GM: 120
EL: 121
CL: 121
MM: 119
SC: 120
CO: 117
FA: 117
OF: 119
ST: 119

Gunbunny13 06-06-2008 03:00 PM

Your GT is 125. You can pretty much do what you want. Commanders like 100 and above. Used to be a time when you went to refresher courses to get that score up. That's all over now.

Exo1 06-07-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacky (Post 62304)
As far as the assessment goes, nothing does matter but scoring high on the APFT. Attempting to do well on nothing but the assessment requirements is a waste of time, it's trying for the minimum and trying for the minimum ends up screwing oneself over.

I don't know how it is on your side of the Army, I've never been there .. the conventional Army is laughable to me in a lot of ways. However, in big boy land, your physical fitness is just as important as your technical and tactical knowledge. I don't want some slightly overweight, knowledgeable and experienced soldier .. I want a soldier that has pride enough in himself to excell in ALL areas .. not a half *** one.

I can see where Gunbunny is coming from.. Artillery, the tech knowledge is important for what they do, and he can get by with experienced knowledgable and not fully fit soldiers much better then stupid but fit troopers.. Tacky, I cant imagine life your side of the Army without being able to have fitness levels that dont even compare to the Regular army... Given the level one must reach, the quality of training must be top notch...

Gunbunny, funny you mention this cos in the Irish Army when I was there, the Infantry Battalions outside of the Border Batts were I was stationed had a real problem with combat ready fitness.. The Field Artillery Regiments for some reason where fitter then the Infantry Battalions... those guys were hardcore... One of my basic training instructors was F.A.R. NCO and man he was an animal!!.. Damn good soldier and I learnt allot from him...

MSG Glenn 06-07-2008 06:57 AM

My son's been off of active duty for almost 2 weeks & still runs every day. Not just 2 miles but 4, 5, 6 miles at a crack. He works out on Nautilus Fitness equipment after a hard session in Judo 3 times a week. When he's sitting around home doing nothing he'll be doing pushups, situps & pullups. He wants to continue to score 300 on the APFT in his reserve unit. He thinks the APFT's a joke. That's the Army he came from. Very similar to Tacky's Army. Being a PT stud means life & limb to them.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.