armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Woohoo!!! (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9288)

hollisrae 05-11-2009 01:38 PM

Woohoo!!!
 
just heard from my baby.... he passed his e-5 boards with a 150 out of a possible 150!! :D:D I'm so proud..... he even beat out the SOTM!! so now what happens?

reconmedik 05-11-2009 02:25 PM

What HAppens
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hollisrae (Post 82613)
just heard from my baby.... he passed his e-5 boards with a 150 out of a possible 150!! :D:D I'm so proud..... he even beat out the SOTM!! so now what happens?

Now he waits for his cutoff score to drop or whatever it needs to do to get promoted.

hollisrae 05-12-2009 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reconmedik (Post 82616)
Now he waits for his cutoff score to drop or whatever it needs to do to get promoted.

ok, i'm kinna new to the whole army thing... :confused: i know he has been busting his rump to get all these exams done, and i'm assuming that that is how he gets the additional points. but how can the cutoff score drop?? he is real close to what he needs to have to get his promotion....

MSG Glenn 05-12-2009 07:53 AM

Every MOS has a cutoff score. There's a minimum score required to be eligible for promotion. The Army works down the list & finally will promote everybody in due time according to the ranking of the score they get.

If there's 50 soldiers on the promotion list & only 20 slots for that rank available then you have to wait for your turn to come up.

hollisrae 05-12-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG Glenn (Post 82710)
Every MOS has a cutoff score. There's a minimum score required to be eligible for promotion. The Army works down the list & finally will promote everybody in due time according to the ranking of the score they get.

If there's 50 soldiers on the promotion list & only 20 slots for that rank available then you have to wait for your turn to come up.

alright!! now that makes much more sence... so basically he just has to wait his turn... oh wow, won't be too long then... Yay! i'm just so stinking proud of him.... with him getting this promotion then he will basically be moving up into more of a teaching role in his unit right?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.