armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Military Discussions (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Happy Veterans Day (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7097)

New Army Mom 11-11-2008 10:00 AM

Happy Veterans Day

To each of you that serve - past, present and future --- Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Have a wonderful day and know that your service is appreciated!!!!!

Gladiator 11-11-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Army Mom (Post 71825)
To each of you that serve - past, present and future --- Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Have a wonderful day and know that your service is appreciated!!!!!

Happy Veterans day?:confused:.... like Happy halloween and happy xmas and happy valentines day I guess, hmmm talk about a miss use of the word :rolleyes:

SniperAlpha1 11-11-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 71826)
Happy Veterans day?:confused:.... like Happy halloween and happy xmas and happy valentines day I guess, hmmm talk about a miss use of the word :rolleyes:

Shut the **** up and have some respect.

Txmom42 11-11-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Army Mom (Post 71825)

I second that! Thanks to all the men and women who have worked, and will continue to work, for our freedom!

Gladiator 11-11-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 (Post 71828)

and you think using the word "Happy" to describe a day of commemoration is respectful?:o

MSG Glenn 11-11-2008 11:57 AM

Thanks New Army Mom.

I don't know. My son & I had a very happy Veterans Day. The high school that my kids went to always have a Veterans' Day Observance complete with a buffet breakfast & a program that all the students attend. Veterans from all the wars from WW ll attended. Good camaraderie, good food. I always get to see old friends & it's always interesting to talk to them as well as the H.S. students who stop to thank us for our service & ask questions of us. Most are truly interested.

Not that we're celebrating with bells & whistles but as a remembrance for the service that was rendered. Just glad that someone remembers those that paid the ultimate price.

New Army Mom 11-11-2008 12:50 PM

Sorry if I offended Gladiator --- I meant no disrespect. Although Veterans Day is a commemorative day - I feel that we should not only pay respect to those who have passed on and remember their sacrifices, but also to thank and pay respect to those who serve, who have served or are about to serve. I truly wish them happiness. They deserve it!! Accordingly, I felt it appropriate to wish that they had a "Happy" day. Everyone has their own opinions and feelings on this day -- I hope you can also respect mine. Thanks.

Texas 11-11-2008 01:00 PM

Happy isn't a word thats appropriate in Britain to mark this day. Its a very sombre day!

The 1st world war ended at 11am on the 11/11/18. and left not one British family without loss. Its only in recent years that we are having to teach the sacrifice made to School children as Grandparents and parents previously did this, having experienced the horrors first hand.
We pay our own private respects and to have a party on this day to us is head scratching!

New Army Mom 11-11-2008 01:19 PM

I respect that Texas. Where I was raised - we thanked our veterans with smiles, hugs, balloons, parades - just wanting the veterans to know that they are thought about, loved and appreciated. While I understand need for private respect and sombre days, I hope you can understand my hope that veterans find happiness in their life and know that they are loved and appreciated --- just different outlooks --- nothing to scratch your head about.

Spike 11-11-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 (Post 71828)

I think first you should wash your mouth out and eat your own words:rolleyes: