armyreal.com Forum's Home

ArmyReal.com Forums (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Military Discussions (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Happy Veterans Day (http://www.armyreal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7097)

Common Sence 11-11-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Army Mom (Post 71859)
It appears that I have truly offended and for that I am sorry. I honestly have nothing but respect for each and every one of you that have served. I'm also very apologetic for attempting to obtain understanding for what I thought was an appropriate post - in doing so I caused more offense. It's just a natural reaction of mine to try to defend when I feel like I've been hit. I cannot help the things that I was taught when I was young --- but I can open up my heart and mind to understanding of others. Once again --- I'm truly sorry for any offense.

I'm not offended at all. I just wanted to explain what the day meant in Canada.

Ironmortum 11-11-2008 06:42 PM

Guys guys guys, relax. She didn't say "***** you Veterans"
She meant good by saying Happy Veterans Day so just nod your head and carry on.

NAM, you said nothing wrong. Your interpretation of the meaning is just a little different but it's not a big deal.
To you Veterans day is a happy day because it reminds you to thank the people who served and are still serving today.
To others it's not such a happy day because it reminds us of the men and women we've lost in the name of our Country.

Go figure,
Happy Veterans Day N.A.M ;)

SniperAlpha1 11-11-2008 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 71851)
How very American of you. I should have expected nothing less. Seeing as you have successfully consumerised Christmas and turned Halloween into an organised teenage Extortion campaign. Why indeed wouldn't you trivialise Armistice day, yes the more I think about it I guess it was inevitable.

As you pointed out, Americans played a role in WWI, but not nearly to the extent to Europeans. So why observe something that isn't American based?

Do you celebrate President's day? How about Martin Luther King Day? It isn't trivializing Armistice day.

And why do you hate America so much? Meet an American you hated and that turned you off to everything good about America? If I had your outlook I'd hate wherever you come from. English? Canuck? Wherever it may be, I feel bad for whoever shelters you.

Spike 11-12-2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 (Post 71876)
As you pointed out, Americans played a role in WWI, but not nearly to the extent to Europeans. So why observe something that isn't American based?

You use Nov 11th because of the First WW and because you played a part in it, some idiot at some point decided to re-market it and why wouldn't you. Your America and just soooo special.

Quote:

Do you celebrate President's day? How about Martin Luther King Day?
No why would I. No more than you celebrate Nov 5th.

Quote:

It isn't trivializing Armistice day.
Yes it is

Quote:

And why do you hate America so much?
Thats your problem! you think because I have a different point of view that I automatically hate America. When its just your stupidity I take exception too.

Quote:

Meet an American you hated and that turned you off to everything good about America?
I'm not capable of that emotion. Although you seem quite venomous when questioned on anything that questions American culture (or lack of it).

Quote:

If I had your outlook I'd hate wherever you come from. English? Canuck? Wherever it may be, I feel bad for whoever shelters you.
I shelter me, so thanks for your concern:)

SniperAlpha1 11-12-2008 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 71879)
You use Nov 11th because of the First WW and because you played a part in it, some idiot at some point decided to re-market it and why wouldn't you. Your America and just soooo special.

No why would I. No more than you celebrate Nov 5th.

Yes it is

Thats your problem! you think because I have a different point of view that I automatically hate America. When its just your stupidity I take exception too.

I'm not capable of that emotion. Although you seem quite venomous when questioned on anything that questions American culture (or lack of it).

I shelter me, so thanks for your concern:)

See you do hate America, because everything America does is wrong in your eyes. And it wasn't re-marketed, you were so quick to point out before that America didn't play a large role in WWI, so why observe Armistice Day? Just the same why we don't celebrate the 4th of November.

mikeSD1986 11-12-2008 09:08 AM

i dont even think that november the 5th and november the 11th are in the same league, they are based off of two very seperate events

Txmom42 11-12-2008 11:24 AM

Good Lord! Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill! Thanks for starting the thread for Veterans Day New Army Mom. It was very thoughtful of you.

Jim76 11-12-2008 12:52 PM

If americans celebrate the veterans day where is the problem :confused: wrong debate I think but another difference between the old europe and the young america, an enjoyment for them and a bitter victory for us with no hurray [url]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE[/url]

Spike 11-12-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 (Post 71881)
See you do hate America, because everything America does is wrong in your eyes. And it wasn't re-marketed, you were so quick to point out before that America didn't play a large role in WWI, so why observe Armistice Day? Just the same why we don't celebrate the 4th of November.

Your mother must have been so disappointed when she realised the after birth was you.

Texas 11-12-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSD1986 (Post 71885)
i dont even think that november the 5th and november the 11th are in the same league, they are based off of two very seperate events

As are the death of Martin luther and that other guy or important American event that was mentioned...oh that was it, the president:)