Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > MSG Glenn
User Name
Password

Conversation Between MSG Glenn and dsrtshrk
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. dsrtshrk
    04-30-2009 11:41 PM
    dsrtshrk
    Thank you again for your help, I figured if anyone had the answers it would be you.
  2. MSG Glenn
    04-29-2009 07:47 AM
    MSG Glenn
    You won't be able to go to RIP if you're in a Reserve Component. RIP is designed as training & testing to get into the 75th Ranger Regt. Unlike Special Forces there are no Ranger Reserves or National Guard. Sometime in the future you might be able to go to Ranger School which is an entirely different thing than being in the 75th Ranger Regt.

Anything that you want to do extra as far as attending additional training is always contingent on what your Guard unit can use. I think that would include Airborne School. Unless you have an Option 4 in your contract the only way you could go to Airborne School is if you put in for it after you get back to your unit.

Check with your Recruiter to see if you can have an Option 4 added to your contract.

I have no idea how you could get into air evac. Again - if your unit doesn't need them you probably wouldn't be able to get it.
  3. dsrtshrk
    04-29-2009 03:03 AM
    dsrtshrk
    I am inlisting as a 68W in the AZ National Guard. I have some issues that after reading some of your posts, you might be able to assist me with. As a 68W, my ultimate goal is to be a medivac medic but I really don't know how to go about doing that. My recruiter put the idea in my head but said that I needed to be something like an infantry medic for a year before I can go to medivac school. I am 31 years old and know to take whatever my recruiter says with a grain of salt. I have also started thinking about going RIP/Airborne, but not sure if it is even a possibility due to me enlisting into the Guard. I know that i can go to Airborne and that it might even help in me in the long run, but I would like to do both if possible. My regular e-mail address is [email]dsrtshrk@yahoo.com[/email]. If you would like to contact me via that address, that would be fine as well. Thanks in advance.