FAQ - Locate a buddy Email This Story Print This Story

Military Friends 125x125Q. How can I locate a former soldier or buddy from an old unit?

A.The Privacy Act of 1974 prohibits releasing the last known address of former Army members without their written consent. However, the agency identified below will assist your search by forwarding your letter to the service member's last known address.

To pursue locating a former Army Soldier:

1. Write a letter to the Soldier. Place this letter in a sealed and stamped envelope, including your full name and return address.

2. Write a letter addressed to the National Personnel Records Center requesting their assistance with your search. Be sure to include the service member's name, serial number and/or social security number, and date of birth if available.

3. Place your envelope addressed to the service member AND the letter to the National Personnel Records Center in ONE envelope. Address this envelope to:

   National Personnel Records Center
   9700 Page Boulevard
   St. Louis, Missouri 63132-5200

Please note current addresses for discharged service members are not maintained at the records center - this center only has the service member's last officially recorded address. Letters to service members the record center can not identify or who are known to be deceased will be returned to you.

You can also visit this page for websites that will help you find former soldiers and lost buddies.

Recent Items
» Basic Training - The Journey for every Soldier
» Buffalo Bills Military Discount
» GlassesUSA
» 2009 U.S. Army Soldier Show
» 2009 Army Concert Tour
Most Popular Items
» Army Pay Overview
» Can I Join the Army with a Felony?
» Military Occupation Specialties (MOS)
» I Want Out!
» U.S. Army Current Uniforms

This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.