Reserve Component Retirement System Email This Story Print This Story

Reserve Component Retirement System


If you are a U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard member, you must meet the following minimum requirements to be eligible for retired pay at age 60:

be at least 60 years of age; and

have performed at least 20 years of qualifying service computed under Section 12732, Title 10, United States Code; and

have performed the last six years of qualifying service while a member of the Active Reserve; and

not be entitled, under any other provision of law, to retired pay from an armed force or retainer pay as a member of the Fleet Reserve or the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve; and

must apply for retired pay by submitting an application to the branch of service you were assigned to at time of your discharge or transfer to the Retired Reserve. For those serving in the Army National Guard or Army Reserve the address is Commander, U.S. Army Human Resources Command ATTN: AHRC-PAP-T, 1 Reserve Way, St. Louis, MO 63132-5200.


Before 1982, there was no centralized or automated capture and storage of accumulated points for members of the USAR. Each year’s points for Troop Program Unit soldiers were recorded and filed in their Military Personnel Records Jacket (MPRJ). The soldier received an annual automated data processing punch card, which recorded the previous retirement years’ (RY) earned points.

The Reserve Component Personnel and Administration Center (now U.S. Army Reserve Personnel Command or HRC-STL) eventually developed a semi-automated system for capturing and s

Recent Items
» Basic Training - The Journey for every Soldier
» Buffalo Bills Military Discount
» GlassesUSA
» 2009 U.S. Army Soldier Show
» 2009 Army Concert Tour
Most Popular Items
» Army Pay Overview
» Can I Join the Army with a Felony?
» Military Occupation Specialties (MOS)
» I Want Out!
» U.S. Army Current Uniforms

This website is not affiliated, endorsed, authorized, or associated in any way with any government, military or country.