armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Money and Finance
User Name
Password

Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Recruit

Default Check stub?

My husband is in Basic at Ft.Jackson, he arrived there on June 22, we did not receive his first pay deposit until Aug 1, then Aug 15. (New recruits be forwarned, first pay deposit will come after about 30 days from the day you arrive at basic then whatever comes next the 1 or 15.) No paperwork has been sent home such as "check stubs" or anything that would break down the pay, so that I would know what it is all for, etc... I have always kept our pay stubs for pay records and taxes. Does the Army provide anything like this? If so how do we get it? My husband rarely gets to call home, and when I have asked him he just says he has no idea and I think he is afraid to ask, he always says "its so intense here" he does not like to ask questions and I have always been the book keeper, he could care less. Any ideas?

Old 08-23-2007, 05:29 AM
First Sergeant

He will get an LES. Leave Earnings Statement. He propably has one already. They are mailed to the solider. He needs to ask if he didn't get one. This is part of his chain of commands job to make sure that trainees are getting paid and their LES's.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via Yahoo to Fireball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife2007 View Post
My husband is in Basic at Ft.Jackson, he arrived there on June 22, we did not receive his first pay deposit until Aug 1, then Aug 15. (New recruits be forwarned, first pay deposit will come after about 30 days from the day you arrive at basic then whatever comes next the 1 or 15.) No paperwork has been sent home such as "check stubs" or anything that would break down the pay, so that I would know what it is all for, etc... I have always kept our pay stubs for pay records and taxes. Does the Army provide anything like this? If so how do we get it? My husband rarely gets to call home, and when I have asked him he just says he has no idea and I think he is afraid to ask, he always says "its so intense here" he does not like to ask questions and I have always been the book keeper, he could care less. Any ideas?
I was the same way. There is actually a website that shows the stubs. See if he is aware of this. My husband was registered for it during AIT. See my private message to you...

We went in Jan 26 and got our first check the 15th of the next month... so It wasn't too long for us.

-Fireball
Army Wife and mother of 3

Old 08-23-2007, 10:35 AM
First Lieutenant

Send a message via Yahoo to kmullins

if you look at the first page of army.com and scroll down you will see mypay. you can click on this and it will take you to another site. i registered there for my husbnad and you can get all his paystubs off it. has some other stuff you can do there to. you can also fill out to get a check stub in the mail