armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Basic Training
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Recruit

Default Fort Sill, Family Day Info please?

My boyfriend is in Fort Sill right now on his basics. He had written to me and mentioned something about a Family Day? I was wondering if you guys can tell me more about it, because he didnt have a chance to tell me. And probably before he can write me another letter, i'll be over there attending his graduation already which is next month on the 30th. So please, if anyone know more than me, e-mail me at [email]h0ts3xyp1nay@hotmail.com[/email]. Thanks much!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Recruit

my hubbys @ fort sill for basic right now. he graduates mar. 16. and from what i know, family day is they day before graduation like at 9am and u get to spend time with hi and they show u around and have an off post pass for a couple hours so u guys can spend time w/ him. i hope this helped. idk really that much about it cuz im new to this too! whats his mos & name. my hubby might know him. mines 13b.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOLDIERSWIFE16 View Post
my hubbys @ fort sill for basic right now. he graduates mar. 16. and from what i know, family day is they day before graduation like at 9am and u get to spend time with hi and they show u around and have an off post pass for a couple hours so u guys can spend time w/ him. i hope this helped. idk really that much about it cuz im new to this too! whats his mos & name. my hubby might know him. mines 13b.
Thank you so much! Mine's 13D. Atleast now I have an idea when to head down there. He wrote me a letter and said that his graduation is the 30th of March. But I am flying down all the way from Alaska so I should be heading down there the 28th yes?

Old 02-08-2007, 08:40 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOLDIERSWIFE16 View Post
Probably not a good idea to be exhanging names over the internet of serving personnel of any army...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo1 View Post
Probably not a good idea to be exhanging names over the internet of serving personnel of any army...

I had a bad feeling about that too, that's why i hesitated to write about mine. :P

Old 02-09-2007, 02:32 PM
General of the Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrodigan View Post
I had a bad feeling about that too, that's why i hesitated to write about mine. :P
Yea, best of keeping such details private & confidential... excluding the trolls, a bunch of good people post on this forum... but you never know whos reading them...

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrodigan View Post
My boyfriend is in Fort Sill right now on his basics. He had written to me and mentioned something about a Family Day? I was wondering if you guys can tell me more about it, because he didnt have a chance to tell me. And probably before he can write me another letter, i'll be over there attending his graduation already which is next month on the 30th. So please, if anyone know more than me, e-mail me at [email]h0ts3xyp1nay@hotmail.com[/email]. Thanks much!

Family day is cool....the day before graduation. You will go to the arena at the fort. The commander will give a great speech about...what it means for young men and women who enlist during war time and what it means to our country and our ppl.

You will meet all of the D/S and their unit's...The soldiers will take pictures in their class A uniforms. The soldiers will be allowed to leave afterwards around 12:00 pm and can stay out till around 7:30 where they and you will go back to a huge classroom for their awards...

Try to find a real good resturant to party a little bit on family day....

The next day is graduation....afterwards you go back to where you were the night before and at this time ...they sign out get their orders.. duty assignments to Ait ...Hooah.

The best for me......at FT Jackson, SC.

Good luck

Nightflyer

U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Recruit

So I know this is an older thread but I'm gonna post on it....So my boyfriend is graduating on Aug 15 from boot camp at Fort Sill and told me to come out for family day and graduation so I have all the flight, car, and hotel plans taken care of but I have no idea what time on the 14th or where to go for the Family Day events...Does anyone know what time at least that I should go to the fort in the morning? I'll hopefully hear from him in the next week but I just don't have a clue how any of this works. Are there like public relations people at the fort who would be able to give me this information? Thanks ya'll

Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel815 View Post
So I know this is an older thread but I'm gonna post on it....So my boyfriend is graduating on Aug 15 from boot camp at Fort Sill and told me to come out for family day and graduation so I have all the flight, car, and hotel plans taken care of but I have no idea what time on the 14th or where to go for the Family Day events...Does anyone know what time at least that I should go to the fort in the morning? I'll hopefully hear from him in the next week but I just don't have a clue how any of this works. Are there like public relations people at the fort who would be able to give me this information? Thanks ya'll
I don't know what week your boyfriend is in BCT but he will should be sending you a letter with all that info (or at least his parents should get one) telling you what time. Graduations are usually first thing in the morning, so I would suggest going early and getting your visitor's pass so you don't get stuck missing the ceremony cuz you had to wait to get a pass to get on post.

Also, you can go to the Fort Sill website and they usually have a page for families with general information about graduation.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Second Lieutenant

I would plan to be there early. I didn't get to go to my son's but his best friends went and missed the whole thing! I don't remember what time it started. Just be there by 7:30, at least you will get a good seat if you're really early. And if it's at 8 at least you won't be late.