armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > National Guard
User Name
Password

Old 01-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Recruit

Default lab results and waivers

Hello I am new to this. I will start with saying i went to meps boston on tues 1/15/07 and took the ASVAB with a score of 70 the phys was a over 40 one and i know they dq 80% of us but my problem is with the timing for the results i have untill the 26th of this month to ship out or i can never join. is there anyone that can tell me if this is possable to get my waver for cholestrol and any other findings that may come up in just under a week. thanks for any input.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer
Default Stay in the fight. Hooah.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswieghmink View Post
Hello I am new to this. I will start with saying i went to meps boston on tues 1/15/07 and took the ASVAB with a score of 70 the phys was a over 40 one and i know they dq 80% of us but my problem is with the timing for the results i have untill the 26th of this month to ship out or i can never join. is there anyone that can tell me if this is possable to get my waver for cholestrol and any other findings that may come up in just under a week. thanks for any input.
...Im a little confused?...Did you swear in after meps ?..If so..Don't be too worried about it...Your age (42) and cholestrol won't matter..Your good to go to...Bct. Hooah.

....if not..Don't throw in towel...hang in there...Stay in the fight. One day you'll make it look easy..."just not today"

...Tomorrow is the 19th and you have a week left before you ship...I hope you swore in...if not then dbl back and get youself a future reclass cycle date....at meps. It's happen before.

I know a alot of recruits that had to go back to meps...Don't be so quick to think it can't happen....Concentrate on the objective and do what it takes to get the job done and complete the mission.. Soldier on....Mink. And good luck. Hooah.

The Dogg,
Spc. Nightflyer. Highspeed.
Army Aviation. Air Assualt.
Black berets forever.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Recruit

Talking

Thanx for all the good advice and have not gave up just yet was at meps today for a AIMS test but not sworn in yet it is 1/23/07 going to meps again tomorrow to wait for the waiver and then get sworn in hopefully.

not sure what a reclass is but would be very interseted to see. friday is the day I need to ship I will keep posted and continue to fight for the right to serve.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Brigadier General

Send a message via AIM to Nightflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswieghmink View Post
Thanx for all the good advice and have not gave up just yet was at meps today for a AIMS test but not sworn in yet it is 1/23/07 going to meps again tomorrow to wait for the waiver and then get sworn in hopefully.

not sure what a reclass is but would be very interseted to see. friday is the day I need to ship I will keep posted and continue to fight for the right to serve.
It means going back to another day at meps....Well done future soldier.

Spc. Nightflyer.
U S A

Classic. And we get it.

Posted by... Nightflyer..Go get me a beer....
Posted by Zekos....get me one too b.itch Posted by... Exo1.Haha!!... good man!!.... .........yeah!!.... while your out there get me one too.....Posted by... SniperALpha1Corona with lime is the way to go. CAUSE THAT'S AMERICA *****!Posted by...Zidane Whiskey pl0x.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Corporal

how is meps? i gota go later this month, i had surgery on my spine and had it fused... what is the likely ness of them letting me join the army active duty? i hope its not to slim, this has been my life dream and im finaly ready i know?

if they dq me amd i dq from all military service or just the army?

i dont mean to steal ur topic by the way just curious!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Brigadier General

Most of the services have similar qualifications. It seems at this time the Army has the most enlistment waivers.

Does your recruiter know about your condition? If he does & is still working with you I would call that a good sign.

My philosophy, which of course isn't the Army's, is if a young person wanting to enlist has a medical condition that does not need constant treatment or medication, is not hampered in any way & who can pass the PT test for his age group should be allowed in.

I think I told you the story of my son wanting to enlist as at least Airborne. His recruiter told him it would be impossible because he had a broken femur when he was 9. The MEPS doctor conducting the physical told my son that was just so much bull$hit. He specifically recommended that my son go Airborne.

If you get DQed at the physical then try waivers. Since that physical exam is for all services if you can't get a waiver to go in the Army contact a recruiter from a different branch. I'd recomend Navy or Air Force. They have a less physical combat role than the Army or Marine Corps. Although all of the services except the Army & Marine Corps have lowered their enlistment quotas so they can downsize a bit.
Retired MSG
I was a Soldier. I am a Soldier. I will always be a Soldier.

Last edited by MSG Glenn; 10-25-2008 at 11:35 AM..

Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Corporal

thanks boss, that keeps my spirits up.

He is still working with me, im going to my surgen on the 20th, then to sgt johnson. then he will set me up with meps.

Old 10-25-2008, 04:16 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells89 View Post
how is meps? i gota go later this month, i had surgery on my spine and had it fused... what is the likely ness of them letting me join the army active duty? i hope its not to slim, this has been my life dream and im finaly ready i know?

Lets call MEPS a long day, specially for your full physical if your going full, inspects dont take long, but let me tell you dont disclure anything one paper an write it out in another, 601's are not pretty held me up for around 6hours today.. was not pretty... so i was suppose to be sworn in at 10-10:30am, wasnt sworn in til 4pm.. MEPS is never fun, but its a process well all go thru and never forget...

Old 11-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Recruit

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells89 View Post

Who can not like MEPS?? I mean, dancing around with 100 guys on cold concrete while wearing nothing but underwear, being checked for hemorrhoids by some 100 yr old doctor and then pissing into a little cup while being watched from the front and the back... does it get any better? Hell, I wanted to do it twice!

Old 11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Staff Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT ethanolic View Post
Who can not like MEPS?? I mean, dancing around with 100 guys on cold concrete while wearing nothing but underwear, being checked for hemorrhoids by some 100 yr old doctor and then pissing into a little cup while being watched from the front and the back... does it get any better? Hell, I wanted to do it twice!
haha i went back to retake one test for the second time and they showed me to the full examination room. i was like "are you serious i got told i only need to take one test?" then they look at my chart and go oh yea have a seat in the common room and we'll administer the test when this other lady got there. lol talk about dodging a bullet.