armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Recruit

Default AFQT Help

I'm not sure if I'm in the right Forum section, so thank you for taking the time to read this.

Let me tell you a little about me:

I just took my ASVAB yesterday and I am disappointed with my score. I have already talked to the recruiter and he said its no big deal. Here are my scores on everything (I know I'm an idiot, haha, but give me a break)

AFQT: 46

Standard Scored

GS - 52 AR - 44 WK - 51 PC - 60 MK - 44 EI - 56 AS - 54 MC - 50 AO - 32 VE - 55

Service Composites

GT - 99 CL - 96 CO - 99 EL - 100 FA - 98 FM - 100 MM - 103 OF - 100 SC - 99 ST - 99

I am shooting for specifically 15 Tango (UH-60 Helicopter Repairer) and I know I have to have a MM of 104 (they already said 103 will do just fine)

My Uncle (who I live with) is a former CW5 in the 160th Nightstalkers, my cousin is a LT. and my other cousin is a 15 Tango in the 160th Nightstalkers(kind of the reason I am choosing 15 Tango)

Needless to say, I have decent connections

ANYWAYS, now you know my stats and what not, I was wanting help in figuring out my AFQT compared to you other guys and gals. I know I didn't do great, but did I really do THAT BAD? I mean my Uncle (CW5) scored a 98, and my other cousin scored a 96 (they are crazy smart) they wanted me to score at least a 52 but they are still glad I did as well as I did. I was told I can't take the ASVAB again, but everyone in my family has told me otherwise. Any idea on that?

I will be leaving for basic in January.

I know I can do better on the test if I take it again.

Also, anyone a 15 Tango here? I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on your experience.

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Staff Sergeant

Talking

Atleast there are some other people with the same problem as I have ( tests are not my strong point unless I know what i am being tested on ). Anyways you need to show some sort of education that has taken place afetr the original test inorder to take it again. Sorry but just hang in there you will get what you want I am sure. I myself I am just waiting for my MEPS appt now. Hopefully I can go to WTC Jan 4th 2009

Old 11-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boys66 View Post
Atleast there are some other people with the same problem as I have ( tests are not my strong point unless I know what i am being tested on ). Anyways you need to show some sort of education that has taken place afetr the original test inorder to take it again. Sorry but just hang in there you will get what you want I am sure. I myself I am just waiting for my MEPS appt now. Hopefully I can go to WTC Jan 4th 2009

Thank you so much for responding. I have never been good at tests, and I already knew my Math sucked. I spent most of my High school/college years at parties. (bad choice)

I am waiting on my recruiter to write up my contract and ensure that I will get 15 Tango (there are not a lot of slots for that around here) then I will go to MEPS asap. I am really excited to join the Army. I think it will be a great experience and make me into a great person. I think I will be sent to Ft. Jackson for BCT. (thats were my cousin went, and he was 15 Tango)

Seriously, besides all the damn running, I'm really excited!

-Matt

Old 11-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Staff Sergeant

Thumbs up

i got a 89 on the asvab idk the additional scoring numbers were tho. but i have heard of 5 people who have failed just out of conversation and means you got a score high enough you can get your wanted MOS i'd say be psyched some people don't get that opportunity

Tags
15 tango, afqt, army, aviation