armyreal.com - Forums

Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Life in the Military > Help and Assistance
User Name
Password

Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
Who the **** cares if it doesn't stay with you? That **** ****s you up. I've seen first hand what a coke OD looks like. I thought I was going to lose a friend as he convulsed on the table. The military has no place for people who use that ****.
Simmer down now. I'm not telling him to go out and buy a kilo of cocaine, I'm just reassuring him that it doesn't last long. And I couldn't agree more that drugs and the military just don't mix.

I have seen friends go down-hill with drugs myself so trust me when I say that you're not the only person to see a friend OD right in front of you.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Whiskey View Post
Simmer down now. I'm not telling him to go out and buy a kilo of cocaine, I'm just reassuring him that it doesn't last long. And I couldn't agree more that drugs and the military just don't mix.

I have seen friends go down-hill with drugs myself so trust me when I say that you're not the only person to see a friend OD right in front of you.
The joking way you said it was in poor taste. With the "" you conveyed what could be conceived as apathy.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
First Sergeant

Quote:
The joking way you said it was in poor taste. With the "" you conveyed what could be conceived as apathy.
I apologize profusely. I have an strange sense of humor. But you can't seriously sit there and tell me that soldiers over in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't smoking from a bong right now. Yes it's wrong. But do soldiers still do it? Sure. And it's those soldiers that set a bad example for everyone else.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Brigadier General

This thread is overdosing on bull****.

The last thing people need is reasuring...the "namby pamby" aproach never works..its never the way forward..you seem as if you are condoning it if you go about that way. The shock factor is the best way forward.

I have a nephew who started missing school and mixing in the wrong the circles...his mother couldnt cope and ask me to help out...the arm around the shoulder tatic didnt work...so I steped it up gear or two.

Trust me he wont be mixing with those kids again... and the older people who see themselves as big business men who passed on the drugs wont go anywhere near him.

I was in 3rd gear..if they force me and my family into 5th gear...God help them(if he feels its right to)
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 05-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Second Lieutenant

Everyone in this thread needs to shut up.

We're not going to lie to him, cocaine only stays in your system for about 5 days. Telling him the truth isn't encouragment at all. Saying **** like "your username should be no nostril or one big nostril" is unnecessary. None of you are ****ing saints, you've all made your mistakes I'm sure, so grow up and stop being a dick to the kid.

And are you people really getting upset over the word "*****" ?

It's SLANG, it'd be different if he said "******." "*****" and "******" have totally different meanings in the real world, so stop flipping your ****, and get a sense of humour. ******= derogatory term for African Americans. *****= Term used by people of all races, used to refer to friends. Same definition as the word "homeboy" or "dawg"

It's so pathetic to see some older people behaving like immature teenagers. I'm the teenager, I should be the one being an immature fool, not you guys.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post

We're not going to lie to him, cocaine only stays in your system for about 5 days. Telling him the truth isn't encouragment at all. Saying **** like "your username should be no nostril or one big nostril" is unnecessary. None of you are ****ing saints, you've all made your mistakes I'm sure, so grow up and stop being a dick to the kid.

It's SLANG, it'd be different if he said "******." "*****" and "******" have totally different meanings in the real world, so stop flipping your ****, and get a sense of humour. ******= derogatory term for African Americans. *****= Term used by people of all races, used to refer to friends. Same definition as the word "homeboy" or "dawg"

It's so pathetic to see some older people behaving like immature teenagers. I'm the teenager, I should be the one being an immature fool, not you guys.
Too much sugar kid?
I stand by my posts.....now get to bed
and I'll show you a man waiting for a beating.

كافر

Old 05-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryShortcake View Post

Why don't you call a black person "*****" and see how they react? That word represents oppression of Blacks, Catholics and Irish is the most derogatory of ways throughout different moments in history.

And I don't believe that saying that the Military has no use for someone who's liable to slip into drug use is unreasonable. The military and your civilian world are two different animals.

I don't need to explain why I'm so critical of drug use. I think I already did just that a page back.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:09 PM
First Lieutenant

the black kids in our school don't mind it. they have a sence of humor. as long as your joking around with them they don't care. i also find it pathetic there getting so mad at this. really.

and he already said he doesn't do it anymore.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Why don't you call a black person "*****" and see how they react? That word represents oppression of Blacks, Catholics and Irish is the most derogatory of ways throughout different moments in history.

And I don't believe that saying that the Military has no use for someone who's liable to slip into drug use is unreasonable. The military and your civilian world are two different animals.

I don't need to explain why I'm so critical of drug use. I think I already did just that a page back.
Hey, guess what? I call black people "*****" everyday. It's slang, it's used as a friendly term.. If I said "******" it'd be different.

"*****" is not the derogatory term, because last time I took a look at the dictionary, the term "*****" wasn't in it.

He isn't liable to slip into drug use, he said he tried a little, and that he isn't going to do it again because he wants to be in the military. He'd be liable to slip into drug use if he was like "Oh man, I really want some coke, but I don't know, I kind of want to be in the military!" Don't act like you're some saint and you've never done anything wrong in your lifetime.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj1000 View Post
Too much sugar kid?
I stand by my posts.....now get to bed
1) Sugar does not make people hyper, that's a myth.
2) I am not twelve years old, and do not have a bed time.
3) Even if I were twelve years old, it is only 6:45 p.m. and it would not be my bed time yet.
4) Your post are wrong. You are being an *** to this kid and picking on him because he made a mistake. You're extremely hypocritical and behave as if you're a saint who has never made a mistake.