Go Back   ArmyReal.com Forums > Military Discussions > Armies of the World
User Name
Password

Old 02-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Colonel

Send a message via AIM to SniperAlpha1 Send a message via MSN to SniperAlpha1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas View Post
When you've finished behaving like a prick. Maybe you'd like to contribute something worth listening to.
Honestly Texas, all I did was question the validity of Gladiator's assertion that Blackwater was a loose cannon group that held no regard for human rights. They are most certainly a controversial topic now and debate is required for hot button issues.

His claim that some members were British, as I mentioned above, has no connection to the question at hand. I made myself clear that that I had no idea as to where he was going with the comment: "You'll notice alot of British accents in this series Sniper, Maybe you'll learn something and stop blathering"

Really Texas, this is a forum for discussion. I usually tend to stay away from the ugly side of debate, but Gladiator has simply dismissed everything I have said.

And finally, I'm curious as to how I'm behaving like a prick. This is a debate, and sometimes civility flies out the window. Gladiator made a claim, I called him out on it.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:19 AM
General of the Armies

Quote:
I think its obvious that the money spent by government on private security firms is ludicrous. Why can't this money be spent on the military, thats what its there for.
A fair point Tex..... and one that has in principle great merit, but unfortunately, decisions of the past require remedial action that cant wait on such strategic changes ergo lies the void which private companies currently fill....

That said, theres no real reason why changes in strategic model cant happen to wein the military off the private contractors... its about need V supply... and I for one see merit in such strategic changes cos theres no quick fix (6 months to one year) to whats wrong in our world, we need a strong and powerful military with those folks under its direct umbrella... If it means better conditions/equipment and pay for those who are qualifed and able to make a difference, then fine, why not do it??...

However,the above is fine, but lets look at an alternate scenario, Damage is done and repairs are nearly complete which has the private contractors in the very fabric of the solution... Such work being critical to the success of the mission can and is done by the "coalition of the billing" in partnership withthe Military and mission timeframe sees and end in the short to medium term, with no projections for "replacement operations"... in this case, it would make financial sense in the long term to keep the Contractors in situ to mission completement even its a medium term goal.

My own view overall is that theres no real substitute for a well funded and strong military over the long term, cos the fundamentals of human nature for the medium to foreseeable future means someone is always wanting a crack at us... and we need to stand the line each and every time....

"Illic est haud effrego ex Veneratio"

Old 02-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Sergeant First Class

I said "On the issue of serving ones country. The place to do that is in the military. But if you wish to make lots of money and have virtually no rules of engagement, then join Blackwater or any equivalent security contrator.

Its a clear choice for anybody with an above average IQ."

To which I received a barage of abuse and a distortion of what I said........You're lucky you received any reply and you're also fortunate that I don't lose my temper easily. As you would look an even bigger plonker than you do at present.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Colonel

No military has the manpower to protect VIPs and diplomats while engaged in Combat. Simple logic. Also, I'm fairly certain you had written something else in that post and find it peculiar that you edited it. But that's only a technicality.

What I'm truly wondering about is your though process pertaining to debate. That's what this forum is for Gladiator. I hold no personal grudge or vendetta, but disagree with your opinions and receive verbal abuse for disagreeing. "There he goes again." "As you would look an even bigger plonker than you do at present." I'm sorry, Gladiator, that I don't have the same views as you do, but I would appreciate not being railed on for simply offering up a counter argument.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperAlpha1 View Post
No military has the manpower to protect VIPs and diplomats while engaged in Combat. Simple logic. Also, I'm fairly certain you had written something else in that post and find it peculiar that you edited it. But that's only a technicality.
A desperate post made by somebody looking for an arguement.
Quote:
What I'm truly wondering about is your though process pertaining to debate.
Let me help you, As you obviously need help. A debate is a serious discussion of a subject in which many people take part.

Quote:
That's what this forum is for Gladiator. I hold no personal grudge or vendetta, but disagree with your opinions and receive verbal abuse for disagreeing.
Which ones? I'd like them all numbering so I can address each one individually

Quote:
"There he goes again." "As you would look an even bigger plonker than you do at present."
Quite!

Quote:
I'm sorry,
Apology accepted

Quote:
Gladiator
Thats me!

Quote:
that I don't have the same views as you do, but I would appreciate not being railed on for simply offering up a counter argument
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen

Maybe its the time of the month but your condescending manner is represented quite vividly below

1. I don't know if I like your attitude, Gladiator

2. you seem to be too ignorant or maybe even too plain stupid to understand

3. but your gross disregard for anything resembling logic has shunned you away from a clear and concise argument

Quite frankly your initial post has marred any further contribution you may have, as far as I'm concerned.

The videos I posted were to show narrow minded baffoons such as yourself that not only Americans are providing security in Baghdad. I did this in the hope that you wouldn't try to hijack this thread and turn it into a "Everybody hates Americans part 357" thread.

It really is getting quiet tiring listening to you lot throwing your toys out of the pram at every opportunity. The sooner you actually realise what a debate is and stop pretending to know what one is the sooner you can move on in life and hopefully grow up a little.

Goodbye and good luck!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
A desperate post made by somebody looking for an arguement. Let me help you, As you obviously need help. A debate is a serious discussion of a subject in which many people take part.

Which ones? I'd like them all numbering so I can address each one individually

Quite!

Apology accepted

Thats me!

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen

Maybe its the time of the month but your condescending manner is represented quite vividly below

1. I don't know if I like your attitude, Gladiator

2. you seem to be too ignorant or maybe even too plain stupid to understand

3. but your gross disregard for anything resembling logic has shunned you away from a clear and concise argument

Quite frankly your initial post has marred any further contribution you may have, as far as I'm concerned.

The videos I posted were to show narrow minded baffoons such as yourself that not only Americans are providing security in Baghdad. I did this in the hope that you wouldn't try to hijack this thread and turn it into a "Everybody hates Americans part 357" thread.

It really is getting quiet tiring listening to you lot throwing your toys out of the pram at every opportunity. The sooner you actually realise what a debate is and stop pretending to know what one is the sooner you can move on in life and hopefully grow up a little.

Goodbye and good luck!
You abused me for disagreeing with you. You painted Blackwater as a group who, once again, disregards human life. I called you ignorant as you have failed to realize that you don't realize how strict their ROEs were.

I said nothing of the sort to bring this thread into an "everybody hates American thread" I said nothing of the sort saying that they are only Americans.

And for the record, I'm sure I know a debate when I see one. I'm captain of the debate team at school which is ranked in the top 1% of debate programs in the world.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Major General

Quote:
You abused me for disagreeing with you. You painted Blackwater as a group who, once again, disregards human life. I called you ignorant as you have failed to realize that you don't realize how strict their ROEs were.

I said nothing of the sort to bring this thread into an "everybody hates American thread" I said nothing of the sort saying that they are only Americans.

And for the record, I'm sure I know a debate when I see one. I'm captain of the debate team at school which is ranked in the top 1% of debate programs in the world.
Oh well done Sniper. You've probably lost us a member..........Bravo!

By the way he didn't paint Blackwater as you say and I read BRITISH ENGLISH pretty good!

Old 02-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Colonel

Quote:
Oh well done Sniper. You've probably lost us a member..........Bravo!

By the way he didn't paint Blackwater as you say and I read BRITISH ENGLISH pretty good!
He'll stick around, too much fight in him to back down

I appreciate what he brought to the table, but a more balanced point in which to launch a topic would be to paint their story as well. Present a YouTube clip of them in relief efforts, training along side of police forces, etc.

I don't hold anything against Gladiator, I relish the debate, the actual military sections of the forum have been dead of late.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Major General

Quote:
He'll stick around, too much fight in him to back down

I appreciate what he brought to the table, but a more balanced point in which to launch a topic would be to paint their story as well. Present a YouTube clip of them in relief efforts, training along side of police forces, etc.

I don't hold anything against Gladiator, I relish the debate, the actual military sections of the forum have been dead of late.
Well maybe he was hoping other members would help out and turn the thread into an information source with varying points of view and opinions.

Its a good topic to raise and lets face it the security contractors in Iraq have been sadly overlooked on here. You took a pop at it a few years back and allowed Mein Fuhrer to sabotage your efforts. If you have vids get them posted.

Last edited by Texas; 02-26-2008 at 04:39 PM..

Old 02-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Sergeant First Class

Quote:
Well maybe he was hoping other members would help out and turn the thread into an information source with varying points of view and opinions.

Its a good topic to raise and lets face it the security contractors in Iraq have been sadly overlooked on here. You took a pop at it a few years back and allowed Mein Fuhrer to sabotage your efforts. If you have vids get them posted.
Thanks for the support Tex. Nice to know not all Americans are narrow minded